Starting over with tests... looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shananegans, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I have read through so much information and just simply cannot retain it all! I have finally found a doctor that understands my situation and affliction and have decided it best to start from the beginning with all of the tests I have endured throughout the last 6 years. It may not be enjoyable but I have to do it to get the answers I want to hear. Not to mention it will be a great thing for my disability case, hopefully.

I would like suggestions on everything, what everyone else has been through with any kind of test. I don't mind if it's something I have thought of or not... anything you've had done please tell me and I will add it to my list. I don't want to suffer anymore and I know there are so many tests I haven't had done yet or done in many years.

Blood test, physical tests, mental tests... everything. And I think this will be a good post for others to refer to that haven't gotten this far or are still confused and unsure of what to do next. Hopefully the title will take well and everyone will understand what this is for and what information is requested. Thank you all in advance. Anything will help so much, you are all so knowledgeable in so many areas that I never even thought of.

My doctor is a neurologist and she specializes in FMS, CFS, and MS as well as many other disorders of this sort.

Again, thank you!
    hugs,
    Shananegans
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Here's what test's I've had: MRI( of my entire spine and head),EMG( because I have tingling and numbness down leg and foot)looking for nerve damage,bloodwork to check for lupus and RA.
    X-ray's (chest muscle was hurting they thought it could be my heart)mammogram(thought it might be breast problems).
    And of course the tender points.
    I think that is all.
    Best wishes, Claudia
    P.S. I forgot I have IBS ( had to have gallbladder checked to rule that out) and also have IC ( had many urine tests looking for bacteria).
    Went to a physcologist for a while,said I was depressed ( I knew that:).[This Message was Edited on 02/23/2006]
  3. jimbbb

jimbbb New Member

Shenanegans,
    (Hey that sound like a good name for a Pub or Restaurant!)

Ahem, Anyways ...

I suggest you ask your Doc to do the D Metabolites tests.

The D METABOLITES consist of two tests:

1,25 dihydroxyvitamin -D
    25 hydroxyvitamin - D

If you have CFS/FM the 1,25D would expected to be elevated (indicating Systemic Inflammation) and the 25D (Vitamin D precursor) might be elevated a bit or might be low (if it was being rapidly converted to 1,25D -- which is often the case).

Just getting the 1,25D lower can help relieve symptoms and allow whatever ABx you might be on to work better. Likewise if you get your Vit D levels down. There's really no danger in having a low Vit D level when you have a Th1 illness since your whole immune system is geared up to produce way too much 1,25D (which is the active form that controls hormones etc etc).

It is one of the few tests for people with Th1 illnesses like FM that might really show something interesting is going on with your immune system.

good luck in health ...

jim

4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

A thread by BEMMET titled "What tests should I demand..". Somewhere in it Bret compiled a lot of the suggestions into one reply. You might want to check it out. I found it helpful for myself.

Good luck!

Sofia
  5. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Thank you very much for pointing that out!!!! Some very good responses to that post as well. This will help soooo much!

Shananegans
  6. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Bump bump bump