starting part time work monday (after five years)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Sep 4, 2008.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

Some of you may have read my previous post about getting a part time job. Well, due to start this monday (8th) and I am exciting and anxious too. Been unable to do paid work because of fatigue, anxiety, depression until now.

I guess I just need a little support over this weekend. I have better coping strategies than before, and a new found faith in God. But its still a challenging time. And I have had tension and pain in my back and neck since tuesday. Clearly this is connected.... Plus I have had some complications in my romantic life which have added to this tension.

Thanks for reading. I hope to be able to report back on how I get on. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS JOB! Hope the anxiety doesnt defeat me....

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i have also suffered from anxiety depression AND CFS for many many years so i can certainly relate!

tell yourself you are capable and will do great! self-affirmation really helped me.

also, write everything down!

you will do great!

3. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

That it so exciting!

Anyone starting a new job can feel overwhelmed until they start to understand the organization and their job duties. So don't judge yourself or the environment until you give it a few months. Just remember if you hit a bump that things will get easier once you have a rhythm going!

Also promise yourself small breaks if possible. I have been going out to my car at lunch lately and laying down for an hour, it really helps to relax (of course I drive my car to another parking lot first so that my co-workers don't think I'm nutty :)

Sue (ladybugmandy) is so right about writing everything down. That helps tremendously! Keep notes of phone calls or meetings so that you can jog your mind later.

I am so happy for you, please let us know how it's going.

[This Message was Edited on 09/05/2008]
  4. denpen72

denpen72 New Member

I hope it goes well for you. What type of work will you be doing?