starting Savella

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spongebobmama, Apr 10, 2011.

1. spongebobmama

spongebobmama New Member

I have a 2 wk starter pak from my doc. I am cutting back but not quitting Lexapro. I am quitting amitryptaline. I feel too much saratonin reuptake drugs may make me very nauseated. Has anyone tried it yet,and what happened so far. I will wait to hear from you. I haven't posted since I started working 5 days a wk. Much love to you all. Spongebobmama
  2. ginirhodes

ginirhodes New Member

hey my Doc gave me one of those packet too I could not do
    it It took my blood pressure up and I have high bp it made my heart beat so fast and it just made me hurt more

Good luck with it I hope it works for you
  3. WhitneyJ

WhitneyJ New Member

I'm just finishing up my 2nd week of the savella starter doctor had me take it over a month instead of 2 weeks so it's easier to adjust. I've taken just about every antidepressant/ssri/snri under the sun and despite the nausea (which is finally starting to subside) this is the first one that seems to be helping. I think it's worth sticking it out through the side effects...good luck!
  4. spongebobmama

spongebobmama New Member

Thanks to all of you and thanks to Whitney3. I have taken Meridia and it also made me nauseated,so I'm a little nervous. I have taken Dramamine OTC and it helped but you get realy tired. I really want to stick it out if I can . Thanks again for answering Sbobmama