Starting some potent new supplements...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fmandy, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

They are NADH-10mg, Sublingual Glutathione-50mg with Molybdenum-120mcg (as molybdenum chelate), Taurine-1000mg, and the diet deal pill Hoodia-500mg.

Interesting to note that on the Guutathione bottle info it says that "Resent scientific research indicates that molybdenum a trace mineral that activates the enzymes aldehyde oxidase and sulfite oxidase may provide necessary nutritional support for chemically sensitive individuals."

I tried all of these the other day together, except for the hoodia, and I seemed to have got sleepy.

So I started a trial yesterday and took only the taurine. It seemed to have a calming affect, not a drowsy affect.

Today I took the glutathione about 15 minutes ago and will see about it.

Will report back :)

Andy
  2. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

The glutathione was just fine. No drowsy side affect at all. 2 days in a row for me going at it harder than usual. Either placebo affect or my supplements are working. After the experiment for the day is over, I take all my many supplements.

I had a B-12 shot last Friday though....

Tomorrow I will test the NADH-10mg, by it's self.

Are any of you still pulling oil? I continue to be amazed with this procedure. If any of you have sore gums or gingivitis you really should try it.

(swish a tablespoon of olive oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes)

Back to the lab...

Andy
  3. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Andy
    Good luck with your new supps.

Yes I'm still oil pulling (couple of weeks) when I remember but I can only do it for 10 minutes at the very most! My mouth gets too full and I want to gag!

I have noticed my teeth are cleaner which is a blessing as I can't afford the much needed dental visits.

Skin softness is another nice perk.

I read the oil pulling boards...yes there's a board for everything! And also a site for oil pulling - although this was full of good info I was a bit put off by the claims to cure everything in the world! You know how we hate that C word!!
  4. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Thanks so much for the note. I was beginning to think that I was invisible, ha ha ha.

I really don't have much of a gag reflex I guess. I think taking a hand full of supplements has "conditioned" my reflex. Although I am very careful not to choke myself!

I always do the 20 minutes when I have the time. Yes I have perused some boards dedicated to the G-ds of oil, lol. It's no cure for anything except gum disease and maybe facial blemishes. Last night I told a good friend, who was in a bad car wreck some while back about oil pulling. She has dentures that they can't make to fit right. So they make her gums very sore and cause ulcers.

It occurred to me yesterday that you don't have to have teeth to benefit from pulling oil, lol. I told her about it last night. I can't wait to hear the good news, and I already know it will be. The oil pulling will heal her gums to where she can wear her dentures when she comes to see me. I can't understand a thing she says when her teeth are out, lol.

Her hollow mouth and my bad hearing....It's like the deaf and a mute trying to carry on a conversation :)

I had to quit the dental cleaning last year because my teeth are too sensitive. I can't stand it any more! The oil pulling is helping this though. I may not have an excuse....

I am excited about the new supplements. They are for the "head" as much as for the body.

Thanks so much again and say hello to the Queen Mother for me :)

Andy
  5. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Andy
    I sometimes feel invisible when no-one responds to my posts! but don't take it personally.

The thing I like about oil pulling is that it seemingly can do no harm and it's cheap! So That's my type of thing to try!!

I'm sure your friend would benefit as that must be horrible. Hopefully you'll be able to understand her soon!

My teeth are in bad need of a dental visit but like most people here I'm so sensitive. Before FM I used to ask for fillings without the injection as I didn't want to be bothered with a numb mouth & tongue - now I scream out he just does a dig around in a check up!

Yes, I agree with new supplements - they do give you a surge & hope, as you think "maybe these are the ones that are going to do the trick". I'm thinking of the Methyl protocol but as yet I haven't ordered because of the money - it's cheap on a daily basis but means finding money up front.

I'm a bit worried that you want me to say hello to the Queen Mother as she has been dead for some years!! - I know I'm not doing very well but I didn't think I was quite dead yet!

Best wishes

6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Ha ha ha, you write with such good humor....I thought all Queens with children were Queen Mothers ( I am sitting here trying not to bust out laughing). I think I know what you mean. I'll get my history book out...Please forget about communicating with her for a long, long time!

Yes the oil pulling or pulling oil is quite inexpensive and works. I read that the reason sunflower and sesame oil are recommended is because the ancient Hindus that started this (before the birth of Christ), only had access to these oils. Now most gurus recommend olive oil for it's properties.

I have been feeling better than I have in a very long time. I know part to blame is a B-12 shot I got 10 days ago, but I think it is my latest and greatest supplements. The NADH, taurine and sublingual glutathione. I have also found that none of them, taken alone caused me to be drowsy. I think it was something else that day, that made me sleepy.

Well I wish you the very best in your personal fight with our condition(s). I wish I could rain some pounds on your door step :)

My very best to you,

Andy
  7. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Andy
    Sounds like you're getting confused with Elton John type Queens!

The only person that can be called the Queen Mother is the mother of the present Queen...and she is no longer!

There's that's my bit of UK royalty and you're getting no more as I don't agree with the richest woman in the world getting money from tax payers to pay all her good for nothing (except tourism) extended family to live a life of more than luxury!!

With oil pulling, I've been using sesame and have just got used to the taste as it's lighter than some others. Maybe I'll move onto the hard stuff (olive oil) soon & I can go round with it in a brown paper bag as you Americans do!

I'm so pleased you are doing well with your new supplements - it's such a joy when something works! Let it continue for you & improve & recover your life.

The only thing that has really helped me is Recuperat-ion and that's for pain control.

Ah to rain pounds on my doorstep - what a wonderful image that is! Before I had to give up work I was very well off with 3 exotic holidays a year. Now I'm struggling to pay bills and my only trip is down to the supermarket!

When I think of the thousands of pounds I spent on all the treatments & supplements that didn't work, when I was first diagnosed - well I wish I'd found this board back then & saved myself so much money!

As soon as I rob a bank I'll order the methylation supps!

I wish you continued improvement & thank you for your bright & cheerful mail.

Best wishes