Starting to go to counseling now and a THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Jul 5, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I first want to say thank you for everyone supporting me and encouraging me on July 4th when I felt so lonely and down. My moods have been all over the place and I decided okay I really need to go into therapy NOW.

I must say that my depression is just soooo bad and going through so much with my Fibro, CFS, and then life itself has been very difficult.

It gets hard when everyone else around tells me things will get better but I have been ill for about 7 years now and all I have gotten worse no matter what I do.

It was hard being so open about what I am feeling and things that I have been through and things that I am going through now and my worries and fears and stuff.

My only complaint was doing that three times with three different professionals. One was a therapist at the county Mental Health clinic as she was screening me and trying to figure out my needs. By end of doing all of that and spilling out my soul I was emotionally drained.

Then I decided that I needed to see the psych doctor too, and that was at another facility which is a further drive by the way.

I had fill out paperwork AGAIN, talk to a therapist there as she did about the same thing as the lady at the other facility did, and then wait about two hours more before seeing the psych doc.

I was there for five hours which caused my fibro to really flare up but I needed new meds and I was struggling through a lot of mental things that were popping up and I thought I was going to truly go insane if I was not seen by a psychiatrist that instant.

Unfortunately some of the people in there were going through their share too and a few were having breakdowns as they needed their meds now too and one got violent when I was leaving.

There was only ONE doctor and he was new and that did NOT help the situation. So I am not 100% sure about all of that.

I do have appointments lined up to see him, and my main therapist, so I will for sure be doing some driving.

The best thing is that the services are free for me including the meds which is great.

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good for you!!!

There is no physical problem that doesn't have at least a weeeee teeeeeeny bit of psychological involvement. With this illness we cannot help but become frustrated, depressed, anxious.... on and on.

And if for some reason you don't click with this guy, find another one that fits you.

Marta
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Sometimes we all need some help in sorting things out and it may take someone qualified to give advice to be able to help. I pray that this doctor will be able to give you the help you need....Love, Terri
  4. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

It's hard to take that first step sometimes. Especially when it is a drain on already limited energy. It is best though. I know that I need to do that myself and havn't because I just havnt felt like it but like you, I know it does help.
  5. msSusan

msSusan Member

I have a list of 20 female doc's that are listed on my health plan but none say that they deal with chronic pain issues. What is the best way to choose? Interview/consult I guess is the only way? Any suggestions on what I should ask? Thanks.
  6. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Thanks so much! I have really been feeling a lot better in the past week. I was able to just let it all out of my system and I felt so much relief. I know that it will take me time to heal, and I do have other things in my life going on, and my past that I will need to deal with.

I am going through the county for help and thank goodness I will not have to pay anything as I do not have any income.

I was suppose to get new medication HOWEVER the county refuses to pay for the dosage that he wrote it up for.

He is an evening doctor and works some nights (who knows which nights) and the pharmacy tried to reach him but could not find him. So I have to pick up the prescription slip and go ALLLLLL the way over there to find him to correct it.

So I am not sure if I am going to bother with trying to drive all the way up there and WAIT several hours for him to correct it. I will see how I feel.

Anyway I may just wait until I see my therapist when I come back from my vacation and see what she can prescribe.

7. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

The only thing that I can think of is to call the office and ask and if the therapist is not available, then have her call you back and have a brief discussion about it if possible.

If that cannot be done then go in for a consultant and then take it from there.

I do have a few places that I can go for counseling BUT I do not know what I will necessarily be dealing with. So for now I will stick with the counselor that has been assigned to me and the therapist that calls and checks on me. I need to call her on Monday about a few things.

So far they have been highly helpful and that is what I am grateful for.