State Aid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Jul 17, 2008.

  1. lillieblake

    lillieblake New Member

    My neighbor, who is disabled and was awarded SSD, told me to apply for state disability while waiting for the federal case. Michigan apparently pays $265.00 per month, which has to be paid back when SSD is won.

    My case worker sent me medical forms to be sent to each of my doctors, and forms for me to fill out also.

    I am worried that my doctors won't think I am disabled, although they have told me not to work!

    Has anyone dealt with state aid for disability?


  2. marti_zavala

    marti_zavala Member

    In Texas, we have SSI, state temporary disability.

    It must be paid back if you win. (at least, I had to).

    It sounds like lillie is talking about SSI.

    I might be wrong.

  3. lillieblake

    lillieblake New Member

    Thanks for the answers. Nope, I am talking about State Disability. I had to sign an 'agreement to repayment'. SSI is a federal program for people who are disabled but didn't earn enough to get SSD.

    I will get SSD because of my good work history (providing I win.)

    The best past of this all, if I win, I get to claim on my ex's BETTER THAN MINE work history.

    THAT in itself makes my day. :)

    Love, Lillie
  4. brainfoggy

    brainfoggy New Member

    I get $300 a month in cash and food stamps. I do have to pay this back if I am approved for SSDI. My doc had to fill out a form. I had to give bank statements and have not worked for at least a year. I get no health care until approved for SSDI then I can get medi-cal right way. They also said any lab bills from the time I filed Oct 08 would be absolved if I am approved. I can't believe that. I went to my local social services office. I think of it as a temporary and a very humbling thing.

[ advertisement ]