stationary bike...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, Oct 20, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Hi all. My mom calls me yesterday, I bought you a stationary bike. All my doctors say, "you must exercise....right?? I have already been on it 3x, and I can't wait to use it every day. My mother have a heart of gold, and I just can;t thank her enough, as she knows I can't walk outside mcuh, due to the heat. Another lungs are awful. Anyhoo.. I'm all excited that I can get some of the excercise that "all these doctors say you need." LOL

I'm rambling..............sorry. Nite, nite

2. rocky76

rocky76 Member

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-LB potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-LB potato sacks. Then try 50-LB potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-LB potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.) After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.