Staying on GFCF, Candida diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by virtuoso, Jan 12, 2007.

1. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

Hi everyone,

I am on a gluten- free, casein-free, sugar-free and yeast-free diet.

Once in awhile, however, I slip and eat everything in sight. I’d like to know how the others are managing their cravings.

I have especially difficult time controlling my intake of carbohydrates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Toma
  2. vickiw

vickiw Member

Hi Toma,

I'm on the same type of diet. I also quit caffeine and alchohol. It's hard when the cravings hit...and for me they hit at odd times. It's not always when everyone around me is indulging - which is what you'd think - but out of the blue, I'll want a piece of buttered white bread toast or some such thing.

I always have a bag of Natural Ruffles potato chips on hand. Not the best thing I know, but they're reduced fat, sea-salted, no preservatives, etc., so I consider them the lesser of the evils. I also keep a bar of 73% dark chocolate in the refrigerator. It has no milk at all and is barely sweet so a bite or two satisfies my cravings. I have about 4-8 bites/month.

We started juicing recently. We juice mostly vegetables, with an apple or two, twice a day (my DH does all the work). After a month of doing this, I'm starting to regularly crave more vegetables and fruits and the carb cravings seem to be diminishing. I even want vegetables at breakfast which is a first in my lifetime. I had salad yesterday for breakfast and leftover butternut squash soup today!

vicki