Staying sick and depressed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Ill keep my colds about two weeks long and it physically drains me. Does anyone have any clue why this is seen in fibro ppl? I get so frustrated because my body is going through enough medication as it is. I do not take any pain relievers exept muscle relaxant. However mixing the disorders I have I result into taking one of my husband tylenol 3's. This is gets so depressing when your body is already wore down from this DD and its like someone hitting you in the face with a frying pan.. I was fixing my daughters hair this morning and my elbows burned so bad and had to take a break. I felt so bad for her. I know she doesnt understand being five years old.

Thanks for letting me vent out alittle.

Misty
  2. JudyCNC

JudyCNC New Member

Hi Misty,
    My 16 year old daughter has this DD...and I certainly relate to your frustration. I did find a good book, "Inside Fibromyalgia" by Mark J. Pellegrino, MD.
    My daughter gets viral infections that last 2-4 weeks too!

He does a great job explaining why infections are frequent and can last so long. I found the book at our local bookstore, Barnes and Noble. Rather, my daughter found it. It has been a wonderful resource...and I still feel overwhelmed and just absolutely at a loss as to how to proceed with this; how to help her come up with a "life plan" of sorts to handle this awful thing.

Anyway, maybe that would help..?

blessings.
    Judy