std

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erkymm, Oct 10, 2002.

1. erkymm

erkymm New Member

hello i have been denied by my s/term dis. it is in appeal now 45 days to answer they paid for 5 weeks then stopped, they said nothing in my med notes say i am disabled. just my dr,s word , that is not enought i guess i will push it to the end ,sue them if i have to. they think fibro is a wastebasket dx. people work with it. so i must be able. hang in their.
  2. erkymm

erkymm New Member

hello i have been denied by my s/term dis. it is in appeal now 45 days to answer they paid for 5 weeks then stopped, they said nothing in my med notes say i am disabled. just my dr,s word , that is not enought i guess i will push it to the end ,sue them if i have to. they think fibro is a wastebasket dx. people work with it. so i must be able. hang in their.
  3. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

It is very frustrating. I, thank God am still able to work. But it does get harder and harder and I dread the day when I will have to try filing for any type of disablity. (Maybe there will be a cure:) Just keep trying and looking to this borad for help. I have heard it helps to have a depression or some type of "mental" dx. Goodluck! And keep us posted!
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

My problem was that I had not been dx'd. Even though I knew what was wrong with me and my psychiatrist and PCP agreed, they needed more proof.

Has your doc run any tests on you? What about a tenderpoint check? You need to have as much proof as possible that he's not just making this up. Another thing that caused me problems when I was finally dx'd was they wanted a return to work date and of course my doc had no clue if or when I would be able to return.

Now I'm on LTD awaiting approval of disability retirement and SSDI. I wish you luck with your STD. I know how frustrating it is when you are ill and they don't want to believe you!

Barbara
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

web, net for case law. Check to see if the courts ordered them to accept certian tests and wording? The tests are very important and your docs knowledge and comfort doing disability claims. If you haven't had the sleep studies and MRI's and all the tests get them. Also, if the company has LTD find out all you can about them to if it is a different one then STD. Gary got STD and yes they fought but, I kept on there tails and when I filled his LTD paper work I had the case law with the words needed to have it accepted due to a 3rd curcit cout case. He was accepted for LTD before STD ended. He also got SSDI as soon as he could recieve it. Research all you can and fight and keep on there case. Good luck, Kim and Gary