Stealth Virusis and CFS' -ME ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tcpolchies, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

I found this web site the other day and wanted to know if any other person has requested that their doctor run cultures for this? If so, what was the out come?

Stealth Virus Application to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Please bear in mind that this is a summary of Stealth Virus Research as conducted by Dr. John Martin and Associates at the Center for Complex Infectious Diseases (CCID). This is in layman's language to the extent possible. Any errors or omissions are the fault of the S-VIRUS Group webmasters who wrote this document and should not be attributed to Dr. Martin or the CCID.

Dr. Martin's Hypothesis is that the disease known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), also called Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.) simply refers to a loose grouping of certain symptoms that are part of a much wider spectrum of the clinical manifestations of viral-induced organic brain damage.

These viruses are termed "Stealth" because although they cause significant cellular damage they do not typically evoke a strong anti-viral inflammatory response. Nevertheless, an infected patient's immune system may be chronically up-regulated or otherwise impaired due to it's constant search for something it "feels" is there but cannot locate and destroy.

Stealth viruses are best viewed as "derivatives" or as "down-sized" conventional viruses. They include but are not limited to derivatives of human and animal herpesviruses. The "stealth adaptation" consists primarily of the deletion of the gene coding for the major antigenic components normally targeted by the cellular immune system.

Stealth viruses do not grow as efficiently as conventional viruses, but have a striking advantage over conventional viruses in not having to confront the body's cellular immune defense mechanisms. They can therefore create persistent ongoing infections despite an individual's intact or even up-regulated immune system. This is different from a latent infection seen with many human herpesviruses in which the virus is essentially inactive except for brief periods of viral activation, rapidly controlled by the body's immune mechanisms.

The presence of a stealth virus may be an explanation for the unusual RNase-L enzymes found in CFS patients in recent research conducted by Dr. Sudolnick at Temple University School of Medicine and by independent European research.

The CCID's stealth virus research program got a recent unexpected, if unfortunate, boost due to an outbreak of a CFS-like epidemic in Mohave Valley, in the Kingman, Arizona, Needles, California, and Laughlin, Nevada triangle. This particular strain was found to be contagious, but Dr. Martin cautions that CFS should not be characterized as a "catastrophic contagious epidemic" since it appears that patient succeptibility due to genetic, environmental, or other factors plays a part in contracting CFS.

Now that Dr. Martin and his associates have conclusively proven the existence of stealth viruses, they are focusing research in the following avenues:

Developing theraputic agents to inhibit stealth viruses (Epione project)
    Sequencing the RNA genomes from stealth virus isolates of severely ill patients.
    Improving methods for detecting and characterizing stealth viral infections using tissue culture, molecular, and serological techniques.
    Associating stealth viral infection with specific neurological and non-neurological diseases.
    Testing for transactivation of SV40 and B19 parovirus by stealh viruses.
    As alluded to in Item 3, this research has applicability well beyond CFS. It could lead to major discoveries in alleviating the symptoms of Fibromyalgia, autism, bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder, and even more conditions which may stem from stealth virus infections.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical doctor. I am a fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome survivor. The purpose of this website is not to diagnose or cure any disease or malady, but is presented as food for thought. This information cannot take the place of professional medical advice. Any attempt to diagnose and treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician. No guarantees are made regarding any of the information in this website.
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

this is interesting, hadnt heard
    maybe it ties into why i had problems with my rnase and natural killer cells but not interleukins, the interleukin part indicates inflammation, i didnt show excessive
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

There are stealth viruses and stealth bacteria that can shield themselves... and very hard to test for. That's why a good clinical doctor can make all the difference in finding out 'why' you're ill rather than just treating symptoms. If you google 'stealth infections' you'll see how many different diseases are suspected to be caused by these types of pathogens.

all the best,

4. simonedb

simonedb Member

what tests do u recommend?
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

dont want to burst anyones bubble but a quick google on this guy came up with him being stripped of his license. Most of it was about funding he recieved for cfs research that he couldnt account for as well as lying about certain testing procedures etc

Something to be careful about.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

about Martin but there are still stealth viruses and bacterias...

Honestly it is hard to test for them, reliability is bad. The best thing to do is get a good doctor who will give 'clinical diagnoses' based on symptoms, not on blood tests as a result. Many doctors who treat chronic lyme patients are more open to this, whether or not youhave lyme (they don't usually only treat lyme anyway). Go to the Lyme board here, at the top is a list of resources to find doctors altho of course the emphasis is on Lyme.

Again, while my son had all my symptoms of CF plus those of FM, he had lyme most definitely on blood tests (CDC tracking requirements) plus, based on clinical dx & symptoms & response to treatments, bartonella and babesiosis.... however I do not believe we all have lyme. I DO believe we have combinations of various stealth pathogens tho, and how they affect us is also based on our genetics, environmental exposures, etc...

Hope that helps.

all the best,

7. quanked

quanked Member