StephieBeeMy Heart is with You

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toughone, Jul 30, 2006.

1. toughone

toughone New Member

My daughter has been showing the same symptoms I did at her age-19. It breaks my heart to think that she has all I've been through to look forward to. But she's tough--she will get through it. Just like you--you're going to be okay. Just keep your head up and realize that you are stronger than the pain. And, you have others counting on you to be there for them. I know now that this misery I go through everyday has made me a better person--I may not like how it makes me feel--but I like who I am now more than who I was. I'm more understanding, more loving, and a lot more mellow. So, just remember--along with the bad can come a lot of good--be ready for it and let yourself shine!
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Thank you so much for the kind words. They mean alot to me.

I hope your daughter can come to grips with this DD as we both did. I wish her the best and my heart goes out to her.

After dealing with this for over 5 years, thankfully the anger and bitterness has subsided. I have managed to turn my life around and get off of disability and get a full time job despite the pain and fatigue. It is so hard, but I take it day by day. That is the only way to do it.

I try to think that I am lucky that I do not have something alot worse than the conditions I have. There are poor young children dying of cancer everyday. I am grateful that I can try to look at this disease in a positive light and be thankful for what I have instead of what I do not have.

I just hope that others can try to do the same.

Stephanie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2006]
  3. toughone

toughone New Member

I'm with you, StephieBee! I thank my lucky stars that I can wake up each morning and spend the day loving my kids. They are 19 and 17, and they are wonderful. You're right, we could have a lot worse. I wish I could get out in the world of employment--I would love to work part-time. But for now, I'll just concentrate on functioning everyday and making sure my son and daughter get a brilliant start to their lives. They are what keeps me going...
    You are in my thoughts--I admire you for your determination! Keep going...
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I can only hope to become a wonderful mother as you did.

I admire you for raising 2 children. That is a full-time job on its own! They dont give women enough credit sometimes for being full time moms!

Your children are blessed to have a mother that can look past her own problems and focus on them as my mother did. And I thank my lucky stars for a mother like that!
  5. toughone

toughone New Member

Thank you for your kind reply!
    Just to show you it can be done-
    I started showing signs of Fibro when I was 4. Way, way before they had a name for it! I went through test after test as a child, and even more as a teen. No one could ever find an answer. My twenties started showing more and more problems. I had my daughter at 28 and my son at 30. My thirties got rougher with a lot more tests but, finally at 39, I was diagnosed. Now at 48, I realize that it all would have gone a lot more smoothly if I had just known what was wrong with me. If it had had a name.
    You're already there--you know it's Fibro. This gives you an advantage, an edge. Knowing what it is and how to deal with it (somewhat!) is what will make you fight for all the wonderful things you want in life. Even now, I am always so proud when I accomplish something.
    So, reach out for the things you want--it may be a little harder but it is SO worth the effort!

Take good care of yourself!

Toughone
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

You are such a good example to other younger (and older!) FMers like me that you can raise have children and raise a family. I know this topic has come up many times and it is comforting to know that you can suffer from such a horrible condition and still manage to successfully raise children.

BTW, I saw your new post and didnt even realize you were new. Im fairly new to the boards also. Welcome! This site is so wonderful as there are many kind and selfless people here. You will be a great addition to our family.

Stephanie