Sterinols (Moducare)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scotty-girl, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Scotty-girl

Scotty-girl New Member

Hello. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried sterinols - an immune booster (Moducare)? Also just wanted to mention this Board is a wealth of knowledge and I have been enjoying it thoroughly. I started the malic acid/magnesium a few weeks ago and it seems to have made a bit of a difference. Am trying to get a line on ZMA in Canada (to save on costs)for the sleep. Also do the SSRI's help with sleep and how important are they with people with FM? Unfortunatley I do not tolerate prescription drugs so I have to go with the natural sources but I don't think there are a lot of side effects from SSRI's? Anyways thanks again for all the info. Hope you have a pain free day as you can. Best wishes....Scotty-girl.
  2. Scotty-girl

Scotty-girl New Member

Hello. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried sterinols - an immune booster (Moducare)? Also just wanted to mention this Board is a wealth of knowledge and I have been enjoying it thoroughly. I started the malic acid/magnesium a few weeks ago and it seems to have made a bit of a difference. Am trying to get a line on ZMA in Canada (to save on costs)for the sleep. Also do the SSRI's help with sleep and how important are they with people with FM? Unfortunatley I do not tolerate prescription drugs so I have to go with the natural sources but I don't think there are a lot of side effects from SSRI's? Anyways thanks again for all the info. Hope you have a pain free day as you can. Best wishes....Scotty-girl.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Please, before you consider taking SSRI's, read Dr. Paul Cheney's article on them in the library at this site.
    ZMA is very cheap, with no dangerous side-efects.
    SSRI's are not cheap and the side-effects, which I can testify to, can be scary as he**. Take care,
    Klutzo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for mentioning the article on SSRI's. There is a sister article by Dr. Cheney on Klonopin, which does help with sleep, anxiety, and sensory overload. There are some of us who can't take it, but there are others, like me, for whom it has been a God send. My sleep is now refreshing.

In any case, the article on Klonopin does a good job of explaining, in layperson terms, what is going on in our brains to keep us from sleeping. It's a good read for everyone regardless of whether one decides to take the Klonopin.

Love, Mikie