Steroid injections anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PAT, Apr 29, 2003.

1. PAT

PAT New Member

Yesterday I told my new doc that I have had a rough 3 weeks with my right arm, wrist and hand. I couldn't open pill bottles, turn the ignition on the car, ring out a wash cloth or anything like that without exteme pain and weakness. The pain started close to my elbow on the inside of the arm, burned and tingled all the way down my hand.
    Anyway, she said, well, do you want an injection today?
    In the nearly twelve years that I have had this DD, not one doc has offered this option. I had one doc who brought up the subject once, but acted like it was not a good thing to do.
    So, I said, 'What do I have to loose, I can't use the arm anyway?" and got it.
    WOW! I am using this arm to do all the normal things that my left arm can do, and have NO pain! It's wonderful! I have lived with this off and on for years, and cannot believe it was just that simple!
    She said it varies from person to person on how long it will work. I'd like to hear from others about your experiences with it. She said it was steroids with an added anesthetic.
    The injection site is very sore, but getting better. I am so thrilled! I wish they could inject my whole body!!!
    Patti G
  2. PAT

PAT New Member

Well, most of the discussions on the injections are not very encouraging.
    I guess I will think long and hard and do more research before I consider shots in other areas.
    I still want to hear more about good or bad experiences.
    Patti G