STEROID INJECTIONS???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rrsbaby, Sep 16, 2005.

1. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Has anyone tried steroid injections for FM and/or Osteo??

If so any feed back you can give me about your experience is appricated. I am considering this for pain.

Thanks,
    rrsbaby
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

Ouchiness! 12 in back, and 8 in hips!!!Plus, didn't do bubkus for me....but others have had a ton of great results. Do a search for "trigger pt" or "injections"...should come up with a truckload of posts of experience. But, if you do get them, make sure to get someone who uses the numby antiseptic spray before shots! Difference between night and day with pain of shots!

Good luck,
    Rachel
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

However, I found that an injection of marcaine (numbing agent like lidocaine or novacaine but longer lasting) helped me just as much and I didn't have the side effects from cortisone.

abbylee
  4. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

the steroid shots in spine, lidocaine in hips, and unfortunately did not get any rekief from it. Mr doctor said works on some and not others, guess Im one of the others

hope it helps you Kathy
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I have had three of the lumbar epidural spinal injections. They did not help at all. They were done as an outpatient in the hospital and were $1500 each; however, my insurance covered them. I won't get them again.
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have had two of the spine injections she listed with very limited if any reduction in pain (for osteo). Not worth it. I have also had cortisone in my hip (bursitius) and they have been limited in help.

I now have trigger points all over my neck, shoulder, arms, etc...and if I do have any other shots, I will only try lidocane or something like that. Actually, I think the lidocane patches might be wonderful for my shoulder and neck...going to rheumy on Tuesday so will ask about this.

So, it looks like the jury is out on this one. Hope you find some relief.

Sue

7. wic

wic New Member

Was given cortisone injections (neck,upper back) did not
    help fibro, and Rum.Dr. upset me when I went back complaining I was still in pain. He said theses shots helped 80% of people? Shots Did not help my pain, if anything
    the Dr. made me worse, upsetting me, needless to say I don't go there anymore. His words were do you want DB, and
    he does not do DB. I have went to bocoo Dr's to find one that understands, that my pain is real. Cortisone did not help fibro, but also at another time was given injection in hip for pain said to be (bursitius) and it did help that. Still comes back time to time. Hip hurts ongoing, but
    when bursitius sets in I can't walk. Its hard for me
    to know which is which pain, casuse some days are better vs. others with my hips hurting?
  8. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

to everyone for your experience with injections.

rrsbaby
  9. paige51

paige51 New Member

I received a steroid injection in my neck friday. Painful stuff. Have felt some relief, but do not know how long it is going to last. i am scheduled to get two more shots in two weeks intervals.

action had to be taken, life was at a stand still. was in constant pain day and night.

one thing i have found out, you start to feel better and over do it and the pain starts to set back in.

i pray that these shots work. i do not think i could take surgery.

trust me , those needles were very very very very painful.

paige51