Sticking to the rules

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sean, Sep 30, 2002.

1. sean

sean New Member

The way I see it here, is that some people are not sticking to the rules. I am not going to start pointing a finger.If you wan't to talk about coral calcium, talk about coral calcium, but don't talk about joe bloggs coral calcium or Dr yapko's coral calcium, or aunty gertrude's coral calcium. Refering to brand names whatever it is. whether it is a alternative medicine, or some machine used to treat fibro/cfs should be talked about without using brand names. I would say an exception to this rule would have to be prescription medicines, but alternative medicine and therapies should be talked about without mentioning a product brand name, that could be deemed advertising and as I understand it, that is not allowed. I am trying to stick to the rules, although I am sometimes tempted to post URL's leading to important articles, I have avoided doing this. If I can stick to the rules then everyone else should be able to do likewise.
  2. sean

sean New Member

The way I see it here, is that some people are not sticking to the rules. I am not going to start pointing a finger.If you wan't to talk about coral calcium, talk about coral calcium, but don't talk about joe bloggs coral calcium or Dr yapko's coral calcium, or aunty gertrude's coral calcium. Refering to brand names whatever it is. whether it is a alternative medicine, or some machine used to treat fibro/cfs should be talked about without using brand names. I would say an exception to this rule would have to be prescription medicines, but alternative medicine and therapies should be talked about without mentioning a product brand name, that could be deemed advertising and as I understand it, that is not allowed. I am trying to stick to the rules, although I am sometimes tempted to post URL's leading to important articles, I have avoided doing this. If I can stick to the rules then everyone else should be able to do likewise.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is OK to name names if we find a doctor, product, or supplement which we find helpful. We just cannot give out the URL nor can we solicit e-mail addresses from our members.

The idea here is to share publicly what it is that is helping us. I know it can be a little confusing and I appreciate your trying to follow the rules, especially when it comes to URL's.

Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  4. sean

sean New Member

O.K thanks, I misunderstood the rules. So basically you can mention a brand name, just don't post URL's.