stiffness and cracking constantly

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spazmonkey, Aug 31, 2005.

1. spazmonkey

spazmonkey New Member

I can not find relief for this problem. I have severe neck pain, and my neck, shoulders, hips and back are constantly cracking.

I have constant joint stiffness. From what I hear, everybody else just has it in the morning...this is an ongoing thing with me.

I have been taking this supplement with Glucosamine/Malic Acid/MSM/Boswellin and a bunch of other stuff...but still can't get relief...

any ideas??
  2. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

I don't have a answer for you.
    But thought I would bump your message for you and maybe someone would see it that does have an answer.

This board moves soooo fast!

Take care, Twinkles :)
  3. taniar

taniar New Member

I don't understand it either. Have had this for over 20 years. Adapting has allowed me to think my cracking is a good thing. Take all the supplements too, but can't tell if anything helps.

Sorry don't have any new idesa, except acceptance of the things you cannot change.

Tania
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

move around during the day. I've found that the first couple of hours I get up are pretty bad then by noon, after I've moved the old joints they loosen up.

I asked the chiro about this cracking and he said he comes from air between the joints, etc. My knees and legs crack really loud and hurt quite a lot until noon.

I've also learned to lay on the heating pad for about an hour to warm things up then when I sit up I can start moving things around easier with less pain.
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

That's my neck...always! Other joints are stiff like yours, more in the morning and night...not too bad during the day. But, my neck is always stiff and crackly.

Also, my back is always sore...no cracking, but sore. Arthritis.

I have had some Trigger Point Massages on my neck and shoulders...they really help for a while, but the pain and stiffness comes back. I use heat, muscle relaxers, and take Glucosamine, also. Things just hurt.

I hope yu find an answer...let me know! You might want to try that particular massage...not just general, but specific Trigger Point.

Hugs,
    Sue