Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Apr 7, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

How many of you can actually cross your legs? I have so much stiffness in my legs that I have to grab the ankle of my slacks and pull my leg up over my knee just to cross my legs.

I am only 41.
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I have so much stiffness, I walk either like a duck or a zombie. Everything stiffens up on me like rigor mortis. It's awful. I did find that Aleeve helps with it, but I have severe acid reflux/gerd and can't do it often.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I am having a real problem with the stiffness lately

I do the same thing with my legs

Used to be that the stiffness only lasted until say nooon, but now it is all day

It is not pleasant
  4. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I too have the same problem, and do the same as you, grap and pull. My legs hurt me so bad all the darn time. I'm only 46. Take care!!
  5. Oh yes stiff as a board. I also lift my legs if I need to , its embarassing around anyone though, like a dr. I hate this dd !
  6. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Stiffness everywhere from head to toes...ouch :(

Hope you feel better soon - have you tried hot and freeze creams or massage - they can help a bit for me?

Love Bunchy x
  7. jaminhealth are u saying u don't need to go to a dr to get thyroid meds?? FOGTIME here?
  8. Grammabearof3

Grammabearof3 New Member

Every morning I take a 20 min warm/hot shower It helps to loosen neck and shlder muscles. I cannot move if I dont do this, some times in the afternoon and evenings too ,my water bill is very high lol take care
  9. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I do the same thing and in order for my legs to stay crossed I either have to sit on one of them or have something to rest one up against (like a table leg or something) and then they fall asleep anyways but I'm most comfortable sitting with them crossed.

I am only 29. And it's not just stiffness, my legs are also always swollen and my muscles are always tense. it's very frustrating.

10. Ah I reread your post, I was confused I thought it said you don't need a dr in a white coat with a stethoscope to prescribe, but No , I gotcha now! FIBROFOG! I had to reread it. Both my children have thyroid problems, so I would think I would but they say no?
  11. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I go through stages during the day. I wake up in exactly the same position I started out in and it takes a while to "undo" that position. I sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs, so quite convenient when I go to sit up as I'm already "in position". LOL I try to stretch out my legs as much as I can in the mornings. The more the day goes on (usually early afternoon) the stiffness takes control again, along with the pain. At that time, I sometimes can't cross my legs.

Funny, when I can cross my legs, I have to wrap the foot of my crossed leg, behind my other ankle to hold it there. I look like a pretzel. Everyone always looks at me weird.

Regarding thyroid. I know there are opinions here that that is the answer to everything. Well I disagree. Yes, everyone should get their levels checked, both with labs and symptoms. Overmedicating can suppress your thyroid and cause great problems. My friend had a Dr. who overprescribed her thryoid meds and her gyn. was livid at her lab results. Her TSH was 47!!! (that sounded wrong to me, but she read me the results) Basically her thryoid wasn't working at all. She had a Dr who was very liberal with prescribing thyroid meds. Just be careful.

Get your blood work done after being prescribed anything to see how your thyroid is functioning. My labs were fine, TSH on the low side, so was prescribed meds - I haven't noticed any diff in anything except my hair isnt' falling out in clumps, I'm not as cold and my skin isn't as dry. No diff in pain, fatigue, stiffness or other Fibro symptoms.

If thryoid problems = fibro, boy it would be an easy fix wouldn't it? If thryoid meds took away your symptoms, then I'd say you had thryoid problems, not Fibro.
    Just my oh so humble opinion.