Still ALIVE and kickin' Surgery over and NO CANCER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Aug 30, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

I have to start by saying thank you..to each and everyone that sent out a prayer on my behalf..I could FEEL the support and love as they wheeled me into the O.R. Really.

I am home, being pampered by DH that NEVER left my side. He even stayed at hospital with me! Surgery went well, minor complications with bladder and bowel, but it will heal. The best news - NO cancer was detected!!! Thank you Lord.

I do have a story for you about how my pain meds were WITHHELD until 2+ hours after surgery. YUp...no meds. nadna. ziltch. The pain was worse than childbirth. And getting my normal Oxycodone afterthat was a fight!! But I don't have the energy to go into it now. I am writing a letter to hospital Board, etc when I can. Unexcuseable.

I have to say bye for now....very weak, and still lots of pain, nautrally. But the worst is over and I had to drop in and say thank you....and God BLess each of you.

warm fuzzies
    achy
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have your attorney write a letter. That should get a response.
  3. srollins

srollins New Member

i am happy for you. take all the pampering you can get.

{{{{big hug}}}}

shirley
  4. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I am so happy for you!!

Now take care of yourself!

Tami
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Achy,

Glad you are home and being pampered by the hubby...There's nothing better :)

So happy all went well except for the withholding meds, I am sure you will take care of that when you gain strength.

Welcome Home~Alicia
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Achy:

So glad you are back and thing went well with the operation.

Re: pain meds- the last time I was in the hospital I was in extreme pain. They wanted to give me Tylenol. It did nothing.

So- I went to find what is usually posted on the walls of many hospital. It is the 'Patients Bill of Rights'.

It says we are to be kept pain-free and that is a first priority.

Well: that is how i got my correct pain meds and they did it immediately.

Idiots. (sorry; I am not used to saying that...lol...)

nyrofan
  7. jole

jole Member

Horray!! Glad the worst is over and you have someone helping you with recovery.

I think the fear of the unknown is always worse than the real thing, but being human we have to worry, don't we?

Best of luck to you and will be looking for you to be back and better than ever!
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Thanks for dropping in with the good news. I'm so sorry about the pain meds; that must have been tough. Take your time and rest before you tackle that fight!!

All the best
    Kathy
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so thrilled for you. You just ride that big wave of healing and get better now.

Love Anne
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Especially about no cancer....rest up, now!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so happy and relieved for you!

Marta
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm so glad it was not "C"

Get some rest we are glad you are back
  13. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Congratulations! I'm so, so happy for you.
    Please really follow through with that letter to the hospital board. When I had my hysterectomy, the nurse withheld one dosage of pain killers from me. Then of course , she had an exra one, and had to account for it. So, before she went off duty, she viciously gave ma a double shot, Saying" I bet you want to be knocked out. Well, I'm going to knock you out". I was terrified, and the adrenalin produced by my fear created a night of almost unbearable pain. My Dr. put in a complaint about this one.

Hospitals need to be kept in line, and I wish you well, in your report and in your recovery.

Hugs,
    Terry
    [This Message was Edited on 09/01/2006]
  14. achy

achy New Member

It's nice to know so many ppl care. Thank you.

Sunday I felt GREAT...like NORMAL!! Even helped hubby w/dinner - but then DH had to take me to get my staples out...an hour drive each way and it kicked my butt!!
    I feel comatose and the pain kicked up again.

One step forward and two steps back....oh well, to be expected. Shucks...I'll have to lay in my big comfy bed and rest up some more. lol lol lol

Love and hugs to you all...I'll pop in when I can.
    warm fuzzies
    achy
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad there was no cancer and I pray for a speedy recovery. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

another chapter closed...

hugs

jodie