Still Alive-Even if Barely!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frackie11382, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Hey all,

I know I haven't been an "active" member here lately, but those who have been here for a while know me well. To all newbies, hello. Anyways, I have been lurking and seeing what's going on here at the board. Just wanted to let everyone know how things were going.

First off, I was dx'd in late May as having CFS on top of the FM. Yay. I am still, however, waitressing at a nearby country club. Some days I get to sit in a golf cart for the tournaments and let the customers come to me to get snacks and drinks...others I run all day from the pool to the club. That drives me CRAZY! I always take xtra pain pills those days. I think I'm gonna try to get my doc to prescribe something other than Sonata for sleep, cuz even when I take it, I wake up in the middle of the night. Mostly, to go to the bathroom.

Which brings me to the next point. I currently have a UTI and just got over a yeast infection. I also have to go on Aug. 18th to have laser surgery to remove "abnormal cells" (could turn into cervical cancer if left untreated) from my cervix b/c I have Moderate Dysplasia. My boyfriend even has to go to a urologist b/c the Gyno says the Dysplasia is caused by a virus (didn't name it though) and I will be having persistent problems and constant surgeries if he's the viral carrier. So he needs to get treated.

And finally, well, nevermind....I had a brain fart! **Pfft** Totally forgot what I was typing! LOL. Anyways, if anyone has information on Dysplasia, I would greatly appreciate the info (as would my boyfriend). My poor boyfriend, I feel so bad for him sometimes just having to deal with me and my problems...now he feels he may be the CAUSE of one of my myriad of symptoms and medical maladies!

Gonna go for now, I know this is long and I'm sorry. But if you all have information or tips available for me on anything I mentioned, please post your response! It will be appreciated!

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  2. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

but, I'm sorry I don't. So just bumping this for you in the hopes someone can. Best of luck. Tulip
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have a good doc. Precancerous lesions on the cervix are common amongst us and yes, both partners must be treated. Both my one daughter and I have had the lesions removed. She was only 17 when hers was found at her first Pap smear.

Glad to have you back.

Love, Mikie
  4. DizzyBlonde

DizzyBlonde New Member

They found Mild Dysplasia on my daughter's cervix last year. The doctor told her that if it were left untreated, over 10 or more years it could become cancerous. They caught it VERY early in her.

Her doctor removed it by going in vaginally with some kind of electrically charged "loop" procedure in his office and the surgery itself took less than 10 minutes.

She had a little mild cramping the rest of that day, but was just fine by that evening and back to work the next day.

Her follow-up visits were good. It hasn't been quite a year yet (coming up in October).

Hope this helps. Sandy
  5. LeslieG

LeslieG New Member

Hi Tara! and everyone else!

I just found this site a couple of days ago! WOW! I am thrilled to find so much information about Fibromyalgia - especially on the boards! I have so much to learn from you all! Not only am I new member, but I am new to message boards. So, please forgive me in advance for making blunders and asking virgin questions, like, what is bumping? I assume it's like a nod or a hug. If so, ditto!

Tara,
    I don't know much about dysplasia itself, but back in 1985 I had moderate dysplasia. They first treated it with in-office cryo-surgery (OW! Talk about cramping!). When that didn't work, I had the laser surgery and have been fine ever since! (knock wood!). I hope you have the same good results! Glad you don't have to go through the cryo first!

= )
    Leslie

6. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Thanks everyone!

You all are always so supportive! Thanks to Mikie for the reassurance and the welcome back. I hope that I can stay fairly active on the board. I love it here! I just found out today that a newbie at work has CFS and I'm planning on directing her here for more info and tips than even I could give her.

It keeps getting closer to the surgery now, but I feel a lot more confident about it now.

Thank you SOOO Much!

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  7. AnnG

AnnG New Member

.....does raise our chances of cervical cancer. It can lay dormant in our bodies for years and years. My hubby had his diagnosed after it had been latent for 15 years. HIs treatment was very painful (cream that burned the skin) but he was determined to do what he could to save me from getting it. His Dr. was very strict about telling him to have me get regular paps. That's been 10 years and so far my paps are AOK. Good luck to you and your boyfriend! It sounds like he is a darling! Ann