Still Confused...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meghandemma, Oct 25, 2006.

1. meghandemma

meghandemma New Member

OK this is a bit personal but....

I had had severe pelvic pain (vulvadynia) related to severe CFIDS/FM. I was desparate for a CFIDS/FM cure, which this office PROMISED. My first visit, I learned quickly that this office focused on AIDS patients and homosexulaty. (Bright pink walls, rainbows everywhere, and posters boldly addressing these issues.) Honestly, I was completely ok with the sit.

I returned the second time with my boyfriend for first appt. with doctor. (My boyfriend was quite confused and clueless. I had always wanted to try an AIDS treatment approach, hoping it would provide some relief to similar symptoms.

After asking my boyfriend rediculous questions, I was finally able to redirect conv. to the pt. After learning I had vulvadynia, he commented "Well I guess the sex isn't so good for you." to my boyfriend. I said "actually we do not have sex." He contested again and again, then asked my bo. "Well why are you still with her." My bo said "look at her, she is beautiful and I love her," passionately defending me and our love. Finally, the doc said to him "You ought to deserve an award for staying with her." Shocked again, I said can you help my CFIDS and he said "Not really," and just left the room. After reporting his unprofessionalism kindly, I later received a letter stating that I was no longer welcomed at the clinic.
    Shocked again...

2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Meghandemma

I can't believe the unprofessionalism shown by this doctor. I am glad that you reported him.

I am hoping you find a better doctor soon.

I am very proud of your boyfriend for sticking up for you and can't believe the type of comments that were directed to him or to you.

gentle hugs Redwillow
  3. RicksChic

RicksChic New Member

Oh, my! That was truly awful!!! The worst I've ever heard!

I hope you were able to shake the bad feelings it gave you.

Kim