Still deceiding on the HINI flu shot..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sandyz, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I can get the swine flu shot on Monday but I don`t know if I should or not. I sure don`t want to get that mother of all flu but am scared of side effects. What was your experience if you have gotten one??

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Sandy - I had mine done two weeks ago and absolutely no side effects.
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Personally Im not getting the shot. not enough research was done and even today on msn reports thier not telling u about side effects. also they recalled over 800,000 doses.

did u know if u were born before 1957 u have immunity? we were already exposed to it..

I have been exposed several times. once during an er visit where the whole place was full of people sick,the girl next to me was given a postive h1n1 dianogse. figured thats when I would have picked it up if I was going to get it.

personal choices
  4. LadyCarol

LadyCarol Member

I know several people who have had the Swine Flu vaccination and apart from a slightly sore area around the vaccination site they had no side effects.

The potential implications of catching/having flu (any type) can be fatal or leave the person with another several chronic illness.

The vaccination is well tested, it wouldn't be released otherwise. Millions of people have already had the vaccination and many lives have been saved as a result, and many more people have avoided catching Swine Flu as a result of having the vaccination.
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I had mine done on the first day it was available for us 'special' folks on our base here. No side effects whatsoever....

Did you see the news item recently on the number of deaths jumping so high?? From April to Sept only about 3,800 deaths but add October and the deaths jumped to almost 9000!

I knew I would be a person who could have severe complications if I got the flu this year so I never had an ounce of worry about the vaccination.

Clear decision for me.....

6. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

The regular flu vaccine was one of the factors that contributed to my demise. None for me. Clear decision for me, too. Take care. Marie
  7. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

No side effects whatsoever, also got the seasonal flu shot at the same time.

No side effects...I've had CFIDS 16 years.