Still feeling SICK, tired and I hurt clear to my bones

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jun 24, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I still feel ROTTEN and my pain is getting so bad that it feels like the pain has reached into my bones .They burn ,sting, ache, stab, hurt so deeply that if I took a hot bath to help ease my pain the water would scald me before it would reach my bones to ease the pain in them.

I really hate hurting like this and i really don't know what to do for it. I know that I have a cold and a dry hacking cough. And with the fibro and CMP it sets off trigger points and they HURT so much that I can't stand it to have them touched.

MY back feels like someone has placed me on the rack of old and has kept pulling and streaching me. I just ache all over and deep in all my muscles, bones. I am so tiredd that I don't want to move. Yet I can't sleep. What is wrong with me? I hate feeling like this, I feel a HUGE flare comming on and I don't know just how to discribe it to my doctor. Just how do I tell her that I ache all over and I have more pain, and it is so deepinto my body. She tells me that I don't discribe my fibro.

EVery month I fill out a form that has a piiicture on it that you show where oyour pain is so you mark where the pain is with a xxx and /// but I am not getting it across to her that the fibro is getting more painful and I am in a flare.

I know that I will be listless when I see her on Thursday nest week and I need some help in wrinting down how I am feeling and how to discribe my flare. Like I have said my bones ache, as do my joints , muscles, tendons, my low back, hips , knees. wrist that I shattered 2 years ago { It feels like someone has pulled on the screws so that they are loose and it is very sowlen adn pain full} My throat is sore and I have a headache and this cough that is DRY and hacking. MY checst hurts all the time and it is worse when I cough, and it hurts on each spot where the ribs, and cartliage meet the sterum I can feel each one of them and they hurt badly.

How do I write this down so it makes her understand how I am feeling? I want her to know that some of my pain is from the fibro but how do I get that across to her . Just marking this chart is not good enough to show her when adn how deep the pain is that I am feeling.

Does any one know how to help me write how it feels to flare so that i can write it and she will understand that I hurt in a different way than my Normal pains that I endure daily.
    Sorry about this confuseing post. I am so tired and hurting so much that I can't think straight. I jsut hate this and hate feeling like this. PLease can someone help me to put this pain in to words that she will understand.

Sorry if I am not making any scense in this post I am just so tired and achey that I am having a hard time writing how I really feel.

Rosemarie
  2. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I am sorry you feel so sick. I can't even imagine how much you hurt and how sick you feel.

I would write down exactly how you described your symptoms in this post. You went into great detail as to what you are feeling and just where you hurt. Even if you feel better when you see your Doctor next week you must tell her how sick you are right now. If she doesn't "get it" then she never will. You might tell her you can't do a good job of describing your symptoms on that paper.

The most important thing is that she listen to you and realizes how ill you are. This may all be from the Fibro. I really don't know but let her decide.

I wish you much luck and hope she will help you so you get well. Maybe you could call the office and get in earlier??
    Just a suggestion,

Arlene

[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2006]
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Rosemarie,

I feel so terrible for you. I have hurt to the bones myself at times and it is the most awful thing.

I think you did a very nice job of explaining it in your post. Maybe you could print it out and take it along with you?

Best wishes and gentle ((((((HUGS))))))

Love,
    C-mom
  4. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hun,
    I am so so sorry you are in so much pain!!:>(

But I truly understand where you are at. The pain would be so bad I would lie on my be,in every way possible to try to ease the pain.
    Used hot water, cold water,someone suggested I lie upside down,to get the blood flowing up.Could not see how it would help???
    But when the pain is brain screaching,impossibly intense!! YOU WILL TRY ANYTHING!! right!!

If It were not for my pain meds,and it doesnt take it all away,I know I would have gone out of my mind.

So if you are better expressing yourself by writing it.
    Then hun, write it down and give it to your doc.Even if its not that bad at the time of your visit.It more than likely will be again.

Take Care!!
    hugzz, Jordane