Still have constant fatigue - dr. called me this morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I can't believe it - while I was on this Board this morning my doctor called me. I called his office yesterday (Friday) to speak to his nurse about the unrelending fatigue I still have. She didn't call me back and he called this morning. We discussed how I'm feeling and he thinks I may need to have a sleep study done. First I'm going to cut back on the Neurontin. I don't know if that's what's making me so tired all the time or not. I take 600 mg. at bedtime and am still tired most of the day. I'm really puzzled as to why this is happening. It's really wearing me down and upsetting to me. I wish I knew what was causing this. I feel drugged half the time, and I doubt it's from the Neurontin, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't take any other meds that would cause such drowsiness. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd sure like to hear them! Anyway, I have a wonderful doctor and was so happy that he called me to discuss this with me! There ARE good docs out there!!!!

Annette2
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

He's a keeper! Sorry to hear about your terrible fatigue. Hope it lets up soon. -Karen
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I never know anymore what to expect when taking meds; even ones I took in my "before" FMS days.

Fatigued yet I don't have CFS. I did recently discover, almost by accident (pun) that I had acute sleep apnea ie. excessive daytime sleepiness/narcolepsy. Aside from the Cpak I take provigil during the day. It is not in the stimulant family but rather is called a "wakeful" medication; it doesn't even zip you like caffeine but you can stay awake.

Does sound like your doc is a good one. It was a sleep study that identified my sleep apnea. CactusLil'
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you quit cold turkey, it could really make you sick. Go slow. You may be taking too much and that is why you feel so tired all the time.

I take a much smaller dose of the Klonopin than recommended so that I can wake up feeling alert and rested.

Love, Mikie
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I take Neurontin 600 mg. at bedtime. My dr. told me to cut the dose in half. So last night I took 300 mg. and I'll see how I feel today. It seems you can't win with this DD, can you? No matter what you try, something else happens to make you feel like crap. Fun stuff, huh?

Annette2
  6. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

So sorry you are suffering with fatigue. It's the worst. The dr. never could find a reason for my fatigue, but she decided to try Adderall to see if that would help. 40MG in the am keeps me awake. Still very tired but not as exhausted unless I miss a dose. Good luck.
    H