Still here, just lurking for now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tattoopixie, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Just wanted to let you all know I have not jumped ship! Just have had some extra stress & not up to posting or answering right now.

Older son is having surgery next Monday for a pilonidal cyst ( a cyst that is in the tailbone area)- it is very severe & he has 3 large holes that drain. I will have the joy of packing his open wound for 8+wks that it will take to heal. He is very stressed right now & there is nothing we can do but wait. He went to spend the week at his friend's house as he will be in bed & unable to visit for a while after the surgery.

Younger son has some emotional issues & was on verge of sending him to live w/dad till I begged his Dr to help. She gave him the new ADHD med Strattera- a new non-stimulating med. It has worked like a charm & so less stress there.
    That is a good thing because I was planning my death if it didn't work out.

One of my key emotional support people, my sister, took a vacation w/her BF & had to rush him to a hospital where he had 2 surgeries & many blood transfusions for his prostate cancer. I felt horrible that I was not able to give her the support she needed in person.

My pain level is still quite low most days, but it is due to the neurontin & I now am getting that 'drugged' feeling you get from that med. I took 1/2 of my usual dose yesterday & am hurting more today from doing it. I will go back up tonight.

I am so glad I can still come here & read & feel like I am not the only going through stress & pain. Am just sorry am not giving as much help & support to the newbies & the oldies.
    Take care,
    Peace,
    Pixie
  2. Debbi

Debbi New Member

just to let you know that i am thinking of you and your children take care taxx {{{{{{{gentle hugs}}}}}}}}}
  3. bejo

bejo New Member

We know that even if you're not posting you are still caring.(((((((((hugs)))))))) bejo