still here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Aug 5, 2003.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I saw the doctor today and found out that I have reactive airway disorder and possiibly pluurisy . Sorry about the spelling the meds have kicked in. My pluse oz is at 99-100 on room air and I don't have a fever or infection it just hurts bad when I cough. MY doctor pulled a funny and told me that I need to change brands maybe a menthol would help ease the cough LOL I don't smoke. Also whenI said it hurt to breath he said " so don't breathe" big help. The cough I have is tight and dry if I were little I would thinkthat I had croup but I don't have the high ppitched cough just the dry hacking one so I am off to bed . Thanks for everyting and most of all you concern for me it really touches me that you all care so much. Thanks from the bottom of my heart Rosemarie
  2. JP

JP New Member

sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I have had pleurisy. It was awful. What causes a reactive airway disorder? I do hope you are feeling better soon.

hang in there...Jan
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Just something to think about. Last year I went through 10 months of coughing, horrible to lay down at night, etc. Found out it was a side effect of a blood pressure medicine I was taking. Went back to previous med and it stopped. Go figure!
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Pleurisy used to be my 'second name'! The best thing for that dry hacking cough is a half cup of pure honey and a fourth cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (use a strainer so you will get the pulp out).

You can take as much as you need, can't hurt you like other cough meds.

Also, keep a warm mist vaporizer running at all times with a pinch of salt in the water (just put a large pan under the vaporizer as it might sputter and spill water).

You might want to keep a snug fitting t-shirt on, it will keep your chest warm, which also helps.

This is what helped me the most. Pleurisy is very painful.

Shalom, Shirl