Still in painful flare from surgery in February of 08

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I haven't posted in awhile. I had knee surgery in Feb. 08 and am still in a painful flare. The knee healed, the rest of me caved.

I use to be able to go to yoga classes and it helped me feel better. Now, I wake up in pain, in my shoulders especially, between the ribs (it hurts to sneeze in the morning) and I drop things more in the morning. I can't do the postures like I use to.

I am going to see my doctor again and don't know what to say to him. I don't want more pills. I just want to know if something else was triggered, such as RA.

I can't go back to therapy, I owe $$$ to a PT that made me worse. The co-pay on the insurance tends to build up, so I try not to use it. Also, we have a $250 deductible. I would like massage therapy.

As you can see, I didn't go back to work in direct care, I eventually had to quit trying. I can't do office work because of the pain in the right pinky finger from writing over the years. Sometimes, tendonitis flares up.

I am waiting to hear about my hearing, it has been 4 months since I received a letter that I should be hearing about a scheduled hearing.

I was on SSI in the 80's when I did first become sick with mono/CFS.

Anyway, how many have had negative effects from surgery? After the surgery, I had bronchitis with a loss of voice and 2 bouts of flu, which I never use to get sick. It proved to me my immune system took a beating from a simple knee surgery!

I tried to keep this short. .......thanks for being here.
  2. simonedb

simonedb Member

happened to me 20 years ago
    it was either or both--cheney says oxygen toxicity from anesthesia makes brain swell
    rheumie says position of neck for anesthesia screwed it up
  3. jodboga

jodboga New Member

Hi , I had a total knee replacement in March of this year. I thought I would die from the flare it put me in . Finally after a couple of months I started feeling better . Then in July I had the other knee done and I am having a really tough time with it. My doctor started me on Savella last week , if I can get thru the nausea I'm sure I will feel better . I do feel better most of the time and have more energy. Good luck. I think anytime we that have fibromyalgia will take longer to get through the healing I also have RA.
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I have 3 sisters and we 3 of us have been dx'd with FMS. One has RA.......that is one thing I will ask him to test for. I just want to know what it is that I am up against.

I have heard about the anesthesia connection before and never thought it would happen to me.

I don't believe my doctor will believe it, but I will tell him what I think.

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Hi Kelly,

Sorry you're doing so poorly after surgery. There is another protocol for anesthesia for CFS. Here's a link:

Show that to your doctor. I hope you feel better soon.

6. kellygirl

kellygirl Member