Still in sooooooo much pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I woke up with worse pain then the last 4 days, today is day 5 of this back rib pain, I put some heat on it last night and have been taking Ibuprophen but nothing is working...is there anything else I should be doing? I don't need to go to the hospital do I...I mean they'll just shoot me up with drugs.

Love to all, Ann
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hugs Aeronsmom: I hate ice but sometimes it helps. I keep a gel pack in the freezer and wrap it in a tee towel.

I have a big square gel pack that I heat in the microwave that I love. It holds its heat for a long time. I take it to bed with me and put it where the hurt is worse.

If my hip aches I put it under my hip and lay on it all night. If my ribs are hurting I usually have to lay flat on my back but it does seem to help me.

Massage is also something that really helps me. I have never gone for a professional massage but when my husband rubs my neck and shoulders it helps, at least for a little while.

Sometimes I sit and cry while he rubs my tight muscles. When I am in this much pain I get so anxious and panicky that the pain will never go away and that ties my muscles up in knots!

A hot bath for me is also wonderful. I have a bathtub with a reclining bath and it is a god send. Sometimes it is the only place I am comfortable. I stay in it and just keep adding more hot water!!!!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)

3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

just the thought of something cold on me makes me shiver, I cannot stand to be cold at all...but if it will HOPEFULLY help with this bad pain in my back ribs well than I'll do it.

Marion, I really want to take a hot bath but with me having M.S. it is impossible because of what it would do to my muscles, I will take your's and Nancy advise on the ice pack and go from there.

it just feels like this pain is getting worse everyday, if I am sitting I can't turn my head to far left because of the pain. Yuck...I wish I could be a little girl again.

Love to you all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Ann

Every time I look at your profile the photo of you and your son it makes me smile.

Anytime you need to chat just call my name. I would be glad for the company.

hugs Marion

5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

So sorry that you are not getting relief. I hope the ice packs help. If it keeps getting bad. perhaps you do need to get some stronger drugs at the hospital. Sometimes you need to break the pain cycle and that's what you have to do.

Take Care
    Kathy