Still Not Online Much

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Saw my doc today for my peptide injection. Told him about my fall and he did a short neuro check. The last shot worked because I've had no Sjogren's symptoms but I've been drop-dead exhausted. He explained that after a concussion, which we both believe I had, it can leave one very exhausted for a month; it's been three weeks now. It's infected under the scab on my knee so he gave me an Rx for anti-bacterial salve for it. That can make a person tired too.

So, my friends, I won't be here much until I feel a bit better. As always, I keep y'all in my prayers for healing.

Love, Mikie
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Am really sorry to hear about your post-concussion exhaustion! It must be so frustrating to have to deal with this after doing so well.

Take care and hope to see you back soon -

3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

You really did a # on yourself with that fall. I hope to read soon that you're feeling much better.
  4. richvank

richvank New Member

about the fall. How awful! I'm just glad it wasn't worse for you! I'll pray that you will have a speedy recovery.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for all you kind thouhts and prayers. I'm already doing a bit better from the injection but am still taking it easy today. I usually do the day of the shot and the day after, if needed.

Doc wanted to know why I didn't go to the ER. Geez, I was in no condition to drive. My pupils were normal, I wasn't seeing double and I wasn't throwing up. Nothing was broken. I didn't want to go sit in the ER waiting forever for them to get to me and take a bunch of x-rays. Not to mention all the Staph floating in the air in hospitals. Not a place to be with open wounds. AACK! The knee got infected as it was, probably from skidding on my less-than-pristine carpet :)

Again, thank you all for your sweet good wishes. I keep everyone in my prayers always.

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie, I am so sorry to hear of your fall and aftermath! We all know how something like that can cause a severe flare in our symptoms. (I took a fall just last month and cracked a rib so my heart goes out to you!) Glad to hear you're doing some better though! Just wanted you to know that I'll be keeping you in my prayers! God bless you with His healing touch.... Hugs, Shel
  7. deepak

deepak Member

Missing your posts on the board and wishing you a speedy recovery. :))

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate all you kind good wishes. Got my shot and some antibiotic salve for the little infection spot on my knee. Slept all day yesterday and all night until 8:00 this morning. I never sleep like that. Hope the doc is right and this exhaustion is from the fall. That means I should start feeling better.

My best to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I'm sorry to hear you've been in pain.

I had a concussion 2 year's ago. Was in a hotel room that had huge ceramic tile's for flooring. Night before leaving I was heading for the BR to ask my DH a question. I slipped and my head hit so hard he could hear it with shower running. I swear it still affects me from time to time. They can last much longer than a month, which is called post-concussion trauma.

I was exhausted, had mood swings, first time with migraine's, and depression. Take care of yourself. If some of the above would happen, don't be alarmed, but do talk with your doctor.

10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Wow, it hurt just reading about your head injury. I'm sorry the symptoms have persisted.

This isn't my first concussion but I was younger when the first ones happened. When I think about how the brain gets bruised by hitting inside the skull, I guess it's a pretty big deal. Anxiety is gone today and I'm glad for that. Hope it stays away. I'll sleep however much I need to and I'm thankful that I can.

Thanks again. Wishing you well.

Love, Mikie
  11. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I was wondering where you were Mikie. I am sorry you have had complications from that terrible fall. I am glad though that you are taking good care of yourself so you can heal properly. We all miss you here but are happy knowing you are being wise with your health. Wishing you well. Hugs, Michele
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the good wishes. I think I am starting to feel a bit better but it's slow. I'm going to post under another thread on my peptide injection last Mon.

Love, Mikie
  13. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

We miss you! Get well soon!!!
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm getting there. I appreciate your sweet kindness.

Love, Mikie