Still sick and hurt so bad.....

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Jun 20, 2006.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Does it ever end? Doctor just started me on Famvir for viruses. I have been on azithromax for one month now. I just did get my prescription for Mepron filled. Well, my husband is picking it up this evening. Has anyone taken Mepron before? Can I expect to herx badly on it? My insurance was billed $1700 for this drug, that seems so outrageous. How can one prescription cost that damn much? Thank goodness I didn't have to pay for it. I have zero energy. I have a terrible migraine depite taking topamax for it, 25mg twice a day, but just started it a week ago, I think you have to build up taking it awhile for it to work good, I don't know really. I take 17 presciption drugs now, I don't think they help at all. this sucks so bad. All I want it to feel good. All I want it to not be in pain.My hands are so swollen and sore. Shoot, even my jaw bones are sore. My hips and shouders are on fire they burn so bad. I have no one else to complain to that understands what I am going though. Thank you all for being there for me.
    God Bless you all my friends!
    Kellyann
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi
    I don't have any answers for you, but can sympathize with you.
    The lymes is proably the cause of alot of the other problems, lets hope the ABX helps in the long run. It's just hard to do.
    Are you seeing a LLMD or going to one of the special clinics?
    I haven't hardly even looked at my horses in the last 3 months.
    Sending prayers and gentle hugs,
    Misty

3. victoria

victoria New Member

because the tests are so unreliable for coinfections, he is trying prpotocols for different coinfections... the Mepron did not cause much of a herx or change for the better.

This month he is treating for Bartonella (using the scary drug Levaquin) and is herxing cognitively - so much so I'm having to call him to take his meds correctly...

This is such a difficult and discouraging constellation to treat!

all the best,
    Victoria

4. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Pain and Stiffness is definitely my biggest complaint and it seems to have increased. Anyway I have been on the mepron (my liquid gold) and zithromax for 1-1/2 weeks now. No herxing. One thing my drenching night sweats have stopped.
    I went today to have one of those Bowen treatments that prickles recommended. Will try again next week.
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Mepron does look like liquid gold! Someone, I think Misty? Forgive my lymie fog said they hadn't looked at their horses in 3 months...me either...longer than that I know. My horses wouldn't even know me any more.
    I do go to a FFC in Atlanta. I have been so bad I can barely get out of bed lately. I hate this.

I hope you all are better!
    Kellyann
  6. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I'm sorry you are doing so poorly at the moment! Mepron is one of those weird drugs... some people herx like crazy on it, others don't herx at all. Yes, it is unbelievably expensive -- thank goodness your insurance is covering it. Looks like the inside of a highlighter, doesn't it?

How long have you been in treatment??? It generally takes at least a few months to really see the results start happening with the lyme-- I know that seems like a long time, but it *is* worth it.

I've had a really easy time with mepron (some folks don't) and my migraines have almost ceased completely!!! I tried Topamax, but it made me really dopey. The mepron and artemisinin were what made all the difference for the migraines (along with ketek, which is a lot like zith, but stronger)... and I was getting them daily, so I really feel your pain. I've also had meningitis 5 times in the last 18 months -- lyme "migraines" can actually be undiagnosed meningitis or meningoencephalitis -- did you know that?

Do you have a scrip for migraine meds? I find they helped me a lot, too, with symptom relief.

Good luck and I hope you feel better really soon!
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

The only thing I take for migrane is Topamax. I would not be surprized if it were menegitis that I actually have as the headaches are so intense and constant any more. Hopefully the Mepron will do something. I like that where someone called it liquid gold. I had told my husband it must be made of gold to cost that much, before I ever saw the color of it, haha!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  8. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Ask your LLMD about migraine meds-- they really help me! They won't work on the meningitis headaches, but on the non-meningitis ones, they do wonders for a lot of folks. I take relpax when I feel a migraine coming on, and it knocks it out.

Hope you do well with the Liquid-gold Mepron! ;)
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My headaches are in the front of my head..Like I have a claw gripping the temples of my head. I don't know what type of headache that is. But I will speak to my doctor about it next appointment, whch is coming up soon, I have to get blood work drawn first to check my liver enzymes which have been up forever, no wonder with all the crap I take. I go to the FFC in Atlanta. The doctor there is very good and well educated on Lyme.
    Take Care!
    Kelly