Still Sick But Help Is Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I want to thank everyone who has been sending sweet thoughts and prayers my way. I finally broke down and called the doc. He sent some E-Mycin and Flonase. This combo has always knocked out my sinus infections and is what I had asked him for, via his voice mail, of course. I don't know why they don't just open a drive-thru window for patients :) Actually, my doc trusts me and knows me pretty well, so he is comfortable calling things in for me, thank God. I have been in no condition to wait in a doctor's office to be worked in to a busy schedule.

Hopefully, this stuff will start working here pretty soon. Until then, I'm taking it easy.

Love, Mikie
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I am sending my prayers along to you. I hope you feel better soon, and hopefully the medication will be of help to you!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  3. little

little Member

The drive-thru at the doctors sounds like a good idea. The one at the drug store is great. You don't have to go in and stand in line and wait for you med. I hope that the new meds will help you. It is nice to have a good relationship with your doctor. I have a friend that goes to Tampa in the winter and stays with her son. She is from New York. She goes in Dec. and goes back home in March. She has been so sick this year she just went home two weeks ago. The doctors wouldn't let her fly home. My daughter drove to St.Pete on a vacation and brought her to our home in NC. Her grandson came and picked her up here. Her eyes were still swollen ,red and watery. She has had a terrible winter in Florida with her allergies. Have a great day and take extra care of your self. Gail
  4. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Mikie:

Glad to here that you are the road to recovery, good thoughts are being sent your way. You are always so supportive of others. I hope the meds kick in soon and you are feeling better. take care rest and relax.
    Hugs,
    Suz
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you both so much.

Gail, we have been inundated with Red Tide this year and in discussing the Red Tide with people, I have found that everyone is having a difficult time with other allergies and colds. Seems the Red Tide really hit our immune systems hard this year and it's still around. Scientists do not know why this algae is blooming so abundantly but it is killing sealife in droves down here.

It is not only an allergen but also a neurotoxin, so it can really make us sick. I don't think I every recovered from a big hit of this stuff before I left for Atlanta.

I hope this poor woman recovers or she'll never want to come back down here again. Of course, NC is one of my favorite places and is very beautiful too.

Love, Mikie
  6. little

little Member

When we first moved to Largo in 1995. I got pnemonia {spelling}. When I went to the St.Pete beach I couldn't stay long because of the Red Tide. I couldn't breath good. That stuff is nasty. It is nice here in NC. We live about 35 miles north of Charlotte. It used to be the boonies but, it has built up so much in the last four years. My daughter goes to St.Pete about three times a year. She has about two more years of college left and then we should be moving back. At least I will. The grandkids want to. Take care. Gail
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Glad you're taking care of things. I lived in Florida for 7 years and I swear I got sick down there more than I did up North. Strange, huh? Anyway, take care and have a good weekend! You're a great person!!!!!

Annette2
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

sending well wishes your way!!Hope the meds kick in and your feeling back to yourself! rest,rest,and more rest!!(sounds like my kinda day!)
    :) Hugs... Tracey
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Suz, you and I must have been posting at the same time. Thanks for your good wishes.

Gail, I have a good friend in Kings Mountain, not far from Charlotte. NC has everything from mountains to beaches.

Annette, I actually usually get sick here much less than in Denver. This year has been exceptionally bad down here.

To all of you, you don't know how much I appreciate all your good wishes. The trouble with sinus infections is how disorienting they make one feel. Too close to the brain, I guess. I'll just rest and let the meds do their work. The Flonase is already helping to open up the sinus areas which have been clogged.

My love to everyone.

Mikie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This year, the Red Tide was a big problem along the Gulf in the wintertime and early spring. There have been a ton of advisories down here not to eat fish caught near the Gulf or in Gulf shore waters. Just seeing the dead fish rotting on the sand is enough to rid me of my desire to eat it now. I do eat salmon, and once in a while some farm raised shrimp, but that's about it, and even these are not without their risks.

Scientists have started researching the abnormal Red Tide blooms we have had down here as they don't know what causes the extensive blooms. No one ever needs to tell me when Red Tide is here; I know from how I feel.

Love, Mikie
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've never heard of this service but it sounds great. I'll check it out.

Love, Mikie
  12. tansy

tansy New Member

your sinus infection starts to clear soon, it's not a pleasant thing to have to suffer on top of these DDs.

Must be really frustrating to know you affected by the red tide but can't really do anything about it.

Take care and make sure you get enough rest.

Thinking of you.

Love

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2003]