Still Time to Vote for Your Favorite CFS Awareness Video

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mezombie, May 1, 2007.

1. mezombie

mezombie Member

PANDORA does a lot for us. They recently hosted the IACFS conference, and now they're sponsoring an international video contest. As you know, Prickles' video is a contender in the FM category.

PANDORA will also choose a CFS/ME video during its video contest. Please check out the entries and vote for one. THIS WILL NOT DETRACT FROM VOTES FOR PRICKLES VIDEO AS PANDORA WILL CHOOSE ONE FOR FM, AND ANOTHER FOR CFS!

Here's the website address for the PANDORA contest finalists, which you can copy and paste into your web browser window). (You can also go to Prickles profile and click on the link she's provided).

The winning CFS/ME video will be broadcast internationally as a Public Service Announcement on TV (like an ad)! How's that for awareness?

I thought I would mix things up and also offer this link to a another short and informative video on CFS/ME. It conveys the message about CFS/ME very gently. If you have a YouTube account, please rate it! The more ratings it gets (esp. of five stars) the more likely it will make it to YouTube's top watched videos. Then it will be seen my many others who know nothing about CFS/ME!

For those who don't have CFS/ME, thanks--on behalf of all of us on these boards who do!

For those who do have CFS/ME and have wondered how to explain this DD to others--foward your favorite video link to them!

[This Message was Edited on 05/11/2007]
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

Prickles--oops! Sorry, didn't realize the voting was continuing! I voted for yours for FM and another for CFS. I received thank you emails for both votes from PANDORA.

I still think the Sleepydust video is the best CFS/ME Awareness video around. Unless it's been edited down to three minutes, it won't be considered by PANDORA, I'm afraid.

It'll be interesting to see the last minute entry for CFS!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I went there, but the video stopped after 19 seconds. But I recognized the beginning. I saw it somewhere before.

What we really need is a mainstream movie about our DDs. Something that will pull in big crowds. Star Oprah, Robin Wms., Brad Pitt, Britney Spears, Kolbe Bryant, some Elvis impersonators and several Disney Characters.

We can advertise. So funny you'll get chronic fatigue from laughing. So heart-warming your my algeah will turn fibro, I mean fab-oh.

4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

MeZombie: Thanks for the link. That was a very informative video. It's good to see all of these videos on CFS and Fibro appearing on Youtube.
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thanks for the link.Can empathise a lot with the message the video is conveying.Especially in getting CFS/ME acknowledged by doctors/governments/friends/family etc as a very debilitating condition.And also the social exclusion & the stigma attached to these conditions.
    Quite a lot of it overlaps with Fibro.
  6. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hehe, Rock! I think YOU should star in it! And maybe MrDad!

Kholmes: Thanks for watching and spreading the word!

HEY GUYS: I forgot to mention that there are three CFS/ME video entries in the PANDORA contest. Please vote for one! PANDORA will air one each for FM and CFS/ME, so they are not competing with Prickles video.

I edited my original post and added the link to the videos.
  7. mezombie

mezombie Member

Sleepydust's video is an entry, but it's a lot longer than the three minutes the contest allowed videos to be. That's probably why it didn't make the finals. I wish it had been edited!
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for watching the Sleepydust video and commenting on it. How true (and sad) that those with CFS and FM are cast out by society!

Did you check out the other videos I added? They're part of the PANDORA video competition. I hope you'll vote for one! PANDORA will choose one for CFS and one for FM (Prickles,of course!).
  9. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Managed to watch the 3 ME/CFs Pandora videos & emailed my vote for one of them.Very worthwhile as Pandora will use one of these videos to raise awareness of CFS/ME,which can only be a good thing if we can get more recognition & acknowledgement of these devastating illnesses.
  10. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for taking the time to watch and vote! I totally agree with you. The more awareness we generate, the better!
  11. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks, S-Elaine, for helping promote awareness of CFS as well as FM!
  12. mezombie

mezombie Member

The girl who put this video together is only 15. Her two older siblings have CFS as well. They speak about the illness and how it has affected their lives.

This video is one of the finalists in the CFS contest. It is not on PANDORA's site yet due to technical difficulties. I've added it to my original post, as well as here:
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2007]
  13. mezombie

mezombie Member

One of these CFS videos will be chosen to be broadcast internationally. Which one would you like others to see?
  14. mezombie

mezombie Member

The winning videos will be announced on May 12, Awareness Day!
  15. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for bumping!

I am just so touched by the time and energy all of these sick people took to make these videos!