Still under the weather

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I wish this infection would just hurry and go away. I have a call into my doctor again today. I am sure he will want to see me again. I hope though he will not admit me again for another run of antibiotics.

My dad has a tenative day for his surgery now, which will be on Friday November 4th. Please keep him in your prayers. He will be having open heart surgery.

Just to get something off my chest, I have a younger sister who does not do a darn thing to help my parents except cause more worry and more issues. She has my disabled mom take care of her children everyday and does not ever want to lift a finger to help in return.

We'll last night my family decided that we wanted to go and get something to eat, because I do not feel well to do anything. We were sitting down at a booth when low and behold in walks my sister hand in hand with some dude I don't even know. Mind you she is married and has been for about 10 years. I was dunmbfounded, and completely shocked. Now not to air all her laundry but the two children that she has are not her husbands they came from another affair several years ago. I guess I found out why she can't help my folks she is too busy doing something else.

Then I also have a brother(older). He also does not help out my folks. He called me last night and asked me to come pick up his children on my way to work and drop them off at school, because his wife and him had to go in early today and the rest of the week. I just got out of the hospital. But do I say no. We'll of course not I said okay make sure they are ready. Then they called me at work and asked if I would be picking them up. My brother and sister in law are at home (I could here there birds in the background), but they did not want to have to go get them. I actually said no. Frankly the reason for that was because I don't think I will be here myself I am thinking the doctor will be calling.

Anyways just a little steam release.

I feel like crying right now because I am hurting so bad. I brought my pillow to work today so I could put it on my upper back. Nothing is helping though. OUCH.

Thank you for all of your support. I don't know what I would do without all of you.

Blessings,
    Christina
  2. buffyr

buffyr New Member

Well I don't know what to say. Families can be fun, I have cfs and a genetic disease and most of my family acts like it's my excuse to be lazy. If they don't appreciate or REALLY need the help (other than to convenience themselves) I say don't help them if you don't have the energy to. I'll be praying for you. Hope you feel better soon.
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Christina,
    I have been reading of your many problems with your own illness and your Father's. If only your family could be more supportive. It must be so very hard.

I hope so much that your Doctor can get your infection cleared up soon so you can focus on your Dad. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Do take Care.
    Kathy.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Christina:
    I do not know how you can do all you do and not 'OUCH'.
    Can you slow it up a little. I got exhausted reading your post of all you did. Then I thought: did she really have to do that much? How hard it is to cut back. I had to and it is no fun, but I would not try to run myself ragged.

You rest up and have a beautiful night and tomorrow will be better for you. Just rest up.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You need to get over your infection (no duh, huh?), and then take care of yourself, your parents, and tell your siblings NO! You have either FM or CFS, you feel awful because of an infection, you work, and that is more than plenty for anyone!

I'm so sorry you hurt, and I will pray for you and for your dad on Nov. 4th. You need to take care of you and do what you can for your parents, but your siblings don't need your help...you've just always done it for them. I know that one (not with my siblings but other family members...and where were they when I got sick?).

Please rest, and I hope the doc has helped you today.

Blessings,
    Sue
  6. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

For your help, and advice.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I guess we will see what he says.

Thank you for the prayers,

Blessings to you all
    Christina

[ advertisement ]