Still working but barely

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DMP, Aug 24, 2003.

1. DMP

DMP New Member

I am at present an OTR truck driver and run a candle business on the weekends. Needless to say my housework suffers, my husband is ready to apply for disability so he trys but is not much help. My Mom who is 76 years old and has more energy than any of us on this board helps me. I feel quilty but I pay her and she can use some extra money. I am hoping to quit driving in April but with my health ins. over $1,000 dollars a month that is doubtful. Oh well I am hoping to hit the Powerball tonight for 100millions dollars than I can help everybody. HA HA wouldn't that be nice. DMP
  2. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

Iwent OTR for 3 years with my husband (soon to be ex), even before I had this DD, and it wore me OUT!! How in the world you do it, I'll never know! Girl, you take care of yourself. Don't let the fatigue get to you, it could cause you to wreck, just like not enough sleep.

Remembering you in my prayers!

God Bless you and Protect you out there!!

Lots of Love

Sumbuni
  3. fibrodoll

fibrodoll New Member

Thats what you are!!! I am a cashier in a truck stop and I know the toll it takes on drivers being out on the road.

I am going to part-time cause I can't manage the pain and stress anymore.

Good luck, Valerie.
  4. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I don"t know how you do it girlfrend coz i know i could"nt do it i"d be asleep at the wheel.
    Your"e in my prayers & good luck you take care now hugs((((((((((((((((((((.
    sharon d
  5. wle

wle New Member

......drove with hubby for about a year but just was not my cup of tea. I now work as a receptionist in a low income housing authority. Hubby still drives. Is off right now with an injured foot. Don't know how you do it. I ache all the time. I would never be able to clutch, hitch and unhitch anymore. WLE

[ advertisement ]