Still worried about vision and fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sherry, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Sherry

Sherry New Member

Hello, I am still so scared because my eyesight is blurry and I keep getting this feeling like something is smeared across my eyes. This has been going on for over three weeks. I do have pain and pressure in my face and head. The eye doctor said the blurriness isn't from my eyes. I read a lot of people have vision problems from fibro. I also keep getting a strange sensation in my chest and all over my head and it makes me feel like I'm going to pass out. I already had my heart checked and everything was normal. This illness is so terrifying. Sherry
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  2. neen85

neen85 New Member

Bump...daneen
  3. suzyp51

suzyp51 New Member

I too have vision difficulties...sometimes blurry, feeling like something is in my eye, twiching, i have been checked out throughly by a opthamologist including an mri & vision field tests for occular migraines (where i actually lose the sight in my left eye on occasion)...my pressures are elevated but he feels besides the occular migraines (blood vessal spasm) my vision is normal..i have fibro & autoimmune disease...
  4. achy

achy New Member

Get a bottle of lubricating eye drops. My opthomologist recommended "Systane"...kind of expensive $8 or so, but you want a good quality. The cheap lubricating drops burn.

Put 2 drops in before bed for a couple of nights and see if it helps. You can use during the day too, but be prepared..you will have blurry vision until they are absorbed...about 1/2 hour. Can't read or drive.

This has cut my blurry vision in half...really.

Alspo, some meds cause blurry vision. Ask your pharmasist - your doc ususally denies its caused by meds. I take flexeril which is known for causing blurry vision.

Hope this helps
    achy
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

for dry eyes. I actually stole it from my husband! He got it from his eye doctor and I needed some drops one day and well, that was all we had! Once I discovered how thick it is and soothes dry eyes, I just confiscated it. But he does not use it.

I too had that smeary feeling for quite some time. I don't know if it was 3 weeks or not, but it was at least 2, if not longer. I just remember blinking and blinking thinking there was gunk in my eye until closing the right eye one day and finding out it was blurry vision in my left.

If comes and goes now, but I use dollar store glasses when it gets blurry and all is well. Why don't you go and get some reading glasses and see if that helps?

It truly was not something on my eye, just blurred vision, but in one eye threw me off. I get it now but mostly in both eyes and I STILL keep trying to blink it away.

It is like a blurry SPOT versus complete blurry vision.

Sonya
  6. gypsy_1090

gypsy_1090 New Member

I also went through this last year for about three months. My vision was blurred, dizzy spells and sometimes a feeling of being in a fog and not as aware of surroundings. Sometimes things felt slow around me. I was in such a fog that I would not drive for long periods. I felt unstable on my feet also. This went on for so long I was about to give up. Then it went away and now and then I get little spells, am Im worried that it will return for another long stay.
    Its really scary!
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I worry about driving and such too when people talk about not being able to anymore.

Sonya