Stimulation for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catj, Sep 20, 2006.

1. catj

catj New Member

I am new at this, put a question on this afternoon that is not here. not sure why.
    I am asking if anyone knows anything about implanting a small chip into your back that does not allow the pain to reach the brain, thus no pain. I am 68 and not sure if I should do this. I have back pain constantly and cfs and fibro. Thanks
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

that might help you. Try http://www.ans-medical.com/patient/index.cfm. It seemed interesting and answered some of my questions.

Let us know what you decide, and keep us updated. I'd like to know more.

God Bless.
  3. catj

catj New Member

I certainly will check this out

keep you posted
  4. Summit

Summit New Member

I think that is the same thing, or very similiar to a freind of mine, who had her whole foot crushed in a accident on the job. It has made it possible for her to walk. If you are unsure, keep doing some research, maybe the doctor's could give you names of people who have had it done. Or ask what the risks are. Good Luck to you......wishing you pain free! p.s. I use a "tens" unit, which give off electrical pulses to the nerves/muscles, it gives a little relief.
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I saw a little bit about this chip implant thing on the news a few months ago. I think it is fairly new. I found it very interesting and was wandering myself what it might do to stop some of the fibro. pain.

Kriket