Stimulus Payment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emah, Feb 18, 2009.

1. emah

emah Member

I don't know if this has been posted, I didn't see it but if it has, I apologize for repeating the information. SS recipients will be receiving a check by late May. See link
  2. daylight

daylight New Member

Does this mean that people that get ssd disability get an additional 250.00? Or is it just for people who are on ssi? I'm guessing that it means both?
    Either way it is good news.

Thanks for posting this.
  3. emah

emah Member

I'm not sure but I think it means "us" too. And yes it is good news.....I am officially "stimulated". LOL
  4. daylight

daylight New Member

I'll be able to pay most of my car payment that month ! That should make them happy.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

This is good news. Does anyone know how much the foodstamps will go up? Or if they changed the guidelines for them?
  6. emmally

emmally New Member

regular stimulant payments like they did last year to people filed income taxes? or is it only for people on SS.
  7. shell3

shell3 New Member

hello emah,i read this morning about the payment and you do not have to file income tax like last time.also ssi-- ss - ssd would be getting a check.. 250. for 1 and 500. for a couple. aarp has some good infomation about all of that..

LISALOO New Member

Who will receive a one-time economic stimulus payment from Social Security?
    Nearly 55 million Social Security and SSI beneficiaries will receive a one-time payment of $250 each. To receive a payment, the beneficiary’s address of record must be in one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, or the Northern Mariana Islands.

When can I expect to receive my one-time economic stimulus payment?

We plan to pay all eligible Social Security and SSI beneficiaries by late May 2009, so you should expect to receive your payment no later than the first week of June 2009. The one-time payment will be a separate payment, which will not be included in your regular monthly benefit payment.

How will I receive my one-time economic stimulus payment?

We will deliver your payment in the same way we currently deliver your Social Security or SSI benefit. If we deliver your monthly benefit by check, we will deliver your one-time payment by check. If you receive a monthly direct deposit or Direct Express® debit card payment, that is how you will receive your one-time payment.

9. emmally

emmally New Member

So its not like last year where everyone got a check if they filed there income taxes and made under a certain amount. This year its only for people who receive social security and social secruit disability or SSI. So you are etheir over 65 or disabled according to SS...correct???
  10. daylight

daylight New Member

This one is just for people that get SS payments and it's only for 250.00 1 time.
    But there is another for all people that is going to be for a 1 time payment to the head of household for the amount of 1000. .I'm not sure when that will be started though.

So Pres. is trying to help us out . It's a good thing. However I'm sure that most of us will be giving it back to the state in past due bills.

''. So you are either over 65 or disabled according to SS...correct???" The way I understand it is Yes that correct.
  11. emmally

emmally New Member

and have applied for SSD but have not heard back....
  12. daylight

daylight New Member

I would be making calls to find out what going on . But age isen't a factor with this similus.
    However you have to be already collects SSI or SSDI or I think welfare to get the 250.
    Please contact the social security department about you application. They don't always follow through on these things and you don't want to fall through the cracks.

Please call today. ((((HUGS)))))

13. daylight

daylight New Member

It's a deal!
  14. emah

emah Member

You got that right. Got my bags packed! LOL