stinging eyes, anyone else have this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Dry, stinging, swollen feeling, hurts to blink, sort of headache feeling when blink. Glassy appearance.

Had this for years, didn't think to ask. Wondering if anyone else has eye problems and what causes them.
    ((thanks))
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I don't always have the dryness but everything looks foggy to me. I have told the Optomitrist (s) about it but they cannot find any problem with my vision. I cannot read a book ... it is just too frustrating. I keep thinking my glasses are dirty ... but that is not the problem. I figure it has something to do with this FMS stuff and try to muddle through.
  3. dr32164

dr32164 New Member

I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be Sjogren's syndrome. Not saying you have that, but there are many things that can cause dry eye. The key is to get the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. I went to Optometrists for 18 years and they never picked up the real cause. I bought expensive glasses that never cured the problem. Once I saw an Opthamologist, I got the appropriate treatment.

In the meantime, you may want to try to use eye drops without preservatives. Those really helped me over the years.

I wish you the best. Good luck!!
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

I USE REFRESH EYE DROPS FOR THIS OTHER DROPS DONT WORK FOR ME HOPE THIS HELPS CHARLENE
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Hi Shannon,

I also have dry eyes. I always have my eye drops close by.

Do you have any other issues with dryness? Skin? Mouth?

Sofi
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

My eyes sting and burn, but they seem overly watery. When I go outside, I have tears streaming down my face if there's the slightest wind or cold. I remember my grandmother having wet, teary eyes. I must take after her.
    Hmmmmmmm????????
    Mini
  7. jole

jole Member

I have them too. Not every day, but often. I will even wake up with matter in the corners of my eyes and feel like I'm getting a cold, but it never develops into anything. Just the dryness, burning and itching. My doc thinks it's allergies, but I'm not sure.
  8. jarjar

jarjar New Member

You might want to get an Igenex Western blot to rule this out. Oftne the coinfections enter the eye and cause problems.

I went ages thinking I had cfs only to find out I had lyme.