Stinging or shock like zaps anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mamalovinit, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I was wondering if anyone else gets electrical shock feelings in their limbs?

M
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Yes, I do. They're so weird!
  3. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

Yes I used to get them all the time when I was first dx with FMS/CFIDS then I went on Neurontin. I take it at night because if I take it during the day I get to wiggy and tired.

I have increased by 300mg initally to 1200mg right now it started working almost right away on me. My Dr said if they start to come back I can up it another 300mg, but for now it's seems to have stopped at the 1200 dose.

take care,

gail
  4. Thumper2214

Thumper2214 New Member

I have been having those for about a week really bad. in hands and feet. I hate those things. Not taking anything for it yet.
  5. Kourysgranny

Kourysgranny New Member

and isn't it fun!! the worse is in my feet. It kills me! I simply love it!! (please note the sarcasim!)

Granny
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It's almost like your hand has touched a light socket
  7. tngirl

tngirl New Member

It comes and goes, thank goodness its not constant for me.
  8. gravitychallenged

gravitychallenged New Member

My mother has CFS and she has had the electircal shocks a few times. She told me that it felt like lightening had hit her.

GC
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

when reaching up, etc. I thought it was a muscle zapping, like a rubber band that pops. It hurts though.

Sonya
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

its horrid - I've found that if I'm coming off a medication I get it more.

Rosie
  11. Shadowsfire

Shadowsfire New Member

Had them all my life. Move a certain way and it sent a shock down my arm. Strange thing is I haven't had them in a while...
    Course then maybe the pain has taken them away?
  12. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

In our library there is an article by Dr Cheney on Klonopin. He explains why this happens and how Klonopin can help. It took me a few years to discover this board. But thanks to that article, I zing no more.

~30