stinging sensations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsBrandywine, Jun 5, 2010.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Does anyone ever get this?
    I just got home from the hospital from an observation stay.. went in yesterday for chest pain.. literrally in the center of my chest after I had some oatmeal and greek blueberry yogurt with a half a banana.. about a half hour it started.. Felt like maybe either Gas or Costrochondritis..
    it was like that thru thursday.. got up yesterday and felt like I could hardly go.. finally sat down and wanted to cry for I was scared. Ended up going to a few of my neighbors and found one home to take me to the Er.. (beein the ambulance 3 times and really didnt want to go again).. but they checked me for a heart attack.. as I have had them do a few times now the past several yrs..
    They kept me over night.. but for whatever reason.. Im getting like stinging sensations.. it started last night.. I mentioned it to the nurses.. they didnt seem to think it was a big deal must be? was mostly in my feet and arms.. under my toes..
    They did give me a nitro pill under the tongue.. not sure if maybe was allergic to that or what.. but they also give me an aspirin and protonix.. for aspirein really does a number on me..
    Was suppose to get a stress test this morning but.. I hadn't only about 41/2 hrs of sleep last night.. i so tired now.. but i needed to check wth anyone to see if they have had this happen or somthing similar..
    The heart dr said after examinin me that I had alot of facial pain througout my chest .. that the pain could be from that and then Costro.. maybe..
    said I could go home , my blood work was fine and my ekgs..
    I feel like crap..
    anyone with any helpful suggestions would be so appreciated..
    thanks . Deb
  2. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Plus to add.. my arms are black n blue from the blood pressure cuff.. they took so much blood which they probably have to do.
    I look like a druggie probably my inside elbows are all black and blue and upper arms.... ach...should say black and blue the top part but like hickys all over them too.. they're sore..
    Sorry to vent.......... gosh........ I know it will get better.. but right now i feel awful. and just don't know what to make of it all.
  3. skikat

skikat New Member

i have had fibro since i was 4 years old. i believe in my case. which is severe, as i am over 60 now and on disability for it. i take so many powerful meds for it including 200 mgs of morphine daily plus percocet every 4 hours round the clock.
    as for the stining and other things you mentioned, i have them all. i have sting and burning places in my arms and legs daily. it even stings and burns at times in the top of my foot including the big toe.i also have been taken by ambulance for what they thought was heart attacks, stayed overnight, used the nitro. all of it.another thing, i have knots all over the top part(knee up) of my legs. it feels like webbing and lots of pea sized knots that i cant bear to touch. one thing i do for the pea sized knots when they are really bad is to take a massager that the arm twists on (you can get them at target for under 20.dollars) i will hold it on the knot and let it vibrate in that one place until it bursts or something for it feels just like a bee sting when it happens and does it hurt! but....after it bursts the pain in THAT place stops immediately.so yes i have it too. you are not alone. other people can even SEE the knots under my skin. my dr. couldnt believe it until i let him feel it.hope this helps and GOD bless/ski
  4. skikat

skikat New Member

i forgot to mention that i also feel as if i have the flu a lot and am very weak in my legs all of the time. upper arms are severe too but not every day. i even have pain in chest area and fibro in my breasts. i couldnt check myself for breast cancer if i tried! i hope this helps but dont base yours on mine. many never get this bad. i will be praying for you. have faith and do not be afraid. tension makes it worse. believe me. i know MY triggers./ski
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

It sounds like nerve pain and the knots are probably myofasical.