stinker56

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Sep 14, 2005.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Hey everybody,
    This may sound crazy but has anyone ever had pain so bad in their wrists, especially the left one, that it kept them awake at night? My wrist hurts so bad with sharp tingling pain down into my thumb. I took my Ultram before bedtime but as you can see, it is 2 am and I can't sleep for the pain. I am going to the doctor this morning for a regular appointment thank goodness. I even got up and took my blood pressure to make sure I wasn't having a heart attack! No pain anywhere right now except my wrist. Guess I am over reacting but it really hurts and I haven't had pain here before, usually in my back, hips, knees, ankles or feet so I should be thankful it is only my wrist huh? Well thanks for listening. Just wondering if I am crazier than usual.
    Stinker56
  2. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Thanks for answering me so soon. No I am not left handed but I did clean my closet out yesterday so I guess I am just paying for all the work I did. I rubbed some BioFreeze on it after posting this morning and it finally eased off enough for me to go back to sleep.
    As for the Stinker, my daddy hung that on my when I was a little one. Guess that explains my personality then huh?
    Stinker56
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I wonder if you have Carpal Tunnel? I do and night time is usually the worst. When mine flares up, I sleep with with wrist splints on. (you are supposed to wear them every night, but I really have a hard time keeping them on). You can buy a wrist splint at a drug store and see if that helps at all.