Stomach Cramping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Aug 26, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Monday night I developed bad abdominal cramping and diarrhea..The diarrhea continued a few times that night then it stopped. THe cramping has continued even though I have normal bowel movements now. Sometimes the crapming is in the lower abdomen and some times higher up above my belly button. It isn't constant, but sometimes lasts for hours at a time. Heating pad helps it some. I thought it was food poisoning but it hasn't gotten better since Monday and I am not nauseous or having diarrhea.

I went to doc who did CBC and it is normal. She put me on Bactrim, I just started it yesterday, but so far no improvement. What else can cause this cramping? It is bowel related since I did have that bad diarrhea the first night...Any ideas are appreciated..
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I had this happen last year and the cramping went on - on and off for months. After tests dr said probably IBS set off by a bug but I would get a thorough physical exam and more tests to make sure.

Gentle hugs

Bunchy xxx
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I agree with the others. It sounds like I.B.S. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I am very familiar with it, b/c I have it. The doctor prescrbed Librax. It relaxes your stomach, and it has really helped me. I would ask your doctor about it.

Kriket
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Do those of you w/IBS have cramping for days? This is day 6 of this and it hurts like heck. Sometimes it doubles me over..I wish I did have diarrhea, I think it would help relieve some of the pressure and cramping..
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

There can be no end to the cramping sometimes. You can have constipation or diarreah. Usually more diarreah though. Common symptoms are gas, bloating, diarreah, constipation, and stomach cramping. Can happen all at once too, when you get upset. Your stomach will start cramping really bad.

Kriket
  6. suz9601

suz9601 Member

This is awful. I hope it ends soon. Thanks for all of the replies.
  7. Neicee99

Neicee99 New Member

I have that for days on end and it hurts badly. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and, so far, I cannot find any relief. I cannot find anything to eat that does not make my stomach hurt, including water. I would definitely ask your doctor about it or see a gastroentrologist and they can do testing to see what the problem could be.

I hope you find relief soon.
    Hugs
    Neicee
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

It can last days and weeks for me.
    With IBS its
    crazy the amount of pain this causes me.

Bad bad cramps~ sometimes I won't eat much of anything for days because I know whatever I eat hasta come out eventually.
    I kinda need to fast when I get this bad.
    or eat very light,..like toast and oatmeal.
    I think thats why my weight fluctuates so greatly is the IBS.
    Hope your better soon~