stomach cramps where the muscle balls up???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cin, May 6, 2003.

1. Cin

Cin New Member

Does anyone else have this kooky symptom which I will try to explain without sounding too much like an idiot?

Ok, here goes. Normal stomach cramps (menstral and otherwise) feel like a sharp pain low in the abdomen, right? Charley horses (in your calves) feel like a ball, where the muscle contracts.
    Does anyone else ever have stomach cramps that feel like a muscle in your stomach is in a ball? I get them every once and a while and they double me up in pain. Is this also part of the DD?
    Thanks everyone,
    ~~Cindi~~
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It sure sounds like IBS pain! Or a gastric stomach. I had a bout of that from Monday till Thursday. Mine was caused by pure stress, but eating made it worst.

I knew what caused it, but it took time to resolve the problem. Now its gone.

I know exactly what you mean.

Are you getting diaherra with this? or constipation? That usually goes along with this pain.

It hurt so bad, I keep a heating pad in the bathroom 'just in case', that seems to be the only thing that will ease the pain and allow me to get from one room to the other, even though I am doubled up walking!

HOpe you find out what the cause is. Let us know.

Shalom, Shirl

3. moonflowercat

moonflowercat New Member

I get them in the abdomen sometimes, usually after too much exertion~~or too much stress. When I used to go to the Chiropractor he would massage the muscle and in a few seconds the pain was gone. The first time it happened I thought it was appendicitis. It is part of the DD. I also get these twitchy spasms in the abdomen, hate those!

Brenda :eek:)
  4. Cin

Cin New Member

Thank you both so much.
    Shirl, I do have IBS, but it doesn't always come with the same symptoms, sometimes it just comes on its own. The heating pad is a great idea though.
    Thanks again,
    ~~Cindi~~
  5. clueless

clueless New Member

I have the stomach twitchs or spasms that someone else mentioned here. It seems as if they should be able to be seen thru my clothes.I`m glad to know they are something else that goes with this disease. ( if anyone can be glad about it ) at least I understand it. It seems one thing happens after another and there is always the question---is it from the fibro. and hope you can discern the problem if it is from another cause.Keeps life interesting for sure!!
  6. Cin

Cin New Member

I agree with you. I have learned so much from this board and it all helps to make me feel like "At least I'm not alone." Not that I would wish this DD on anyone, but it's nice to have such nice people to suffer through it with.
    :],
    ~~Cindi~~