Stomach muscles hurt anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Has anyone had their stomach muscles, especially on the sides in the front hurt when they try to do things around the house? I have to stop and rest when it happens, they REALLY are painful. This is so crazy , is it just another part of fibro or?They must be spasming.
  2. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

Hi Fibrobutterfly,
    My stomach muscles hurt most of the time. In fact, that was one of my major complaints before I was dx with fibro. For two years I went to just about every internal doc, and had so many tests, I don't think there were any more to take. The docs thought that it was my liver for the two years.

I use VA (veterna's administration) as this is the only med care we have, and I am a vet too. The muscles kind of moved around when we went around a corner in the car, so it really confused the docs, and my liver panels were off on some times, but different on other times. I finially dx myself.

3. Line

Line New Member

I have stomach spasms often, my stomach actually feels raw at times and seems to push up toward the sternum. I finally went for a Colonostopy and Egd, had 3 small polyps n the colon, stomach was fine and all my blood work was okay. The Dr. said he thinks it is fm or ibs, so take your choice. I know it hurts.

Hugs, Linda
  4. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Not sure about stomach muscles but know that my rib cage hurts, or more accurately, the fat over my rib cage. But it seems to come from inside my body, I pinch and rub the rib cage fat and then I feel better.

Weird, I know, but I don't think it is stomach or gall bladder, maybe just a floating pain in my body.