Stomach mustles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mikeval, Aug 5, 2003.

1. mikeval

mikeval New Member

Does anyone else get a lot of digestive problems with FM?
    I have been having trouble with my stomach for so long. have had all the tests but all come back negative. I have this feeling of a large lump in my upper abdomen and like a missed heart beat,I feel full up even eating the smallest amount of food, it is very uncomfortable, my Doctor has said that it could be mustle problems dUe to the Fibro but I run a support group for Fibromyalgia and cannot find anyone else that has it. HELP!!!!!
  2. DizzyBlonde

DizzyBlonde New Member

I have a CFS/Fibro complex, and I've had stomach and digestive problems for years as well.

I cannot lay on my left side without getting an immediate feeling that I can only describe as 'like a big balloon inflating inside my upper left stomach/chest area' compressing all other organs. It is very uncomfortable and affects my breathing as well. I get the same sensation if I lay on my back with my left arm raised above my heart.

I've often wondered if either my spleen is enlarged or maybe my heart may be enlarged. But I have no medical insurance and cannot afford to see a doctor right now. I've been experiencing this problem for about 6 years now.

When I did have insurance (many years back) I couldn't get any of my doctors to investigate it. One suggested it may be 'adhesions' or scarring inside from prior surgery. Who knows. But like you, I have not found anyone else who can relate to this particular problem.

Good luck in your quest for answers and God Bless!

Sandy
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

lots of us have to. Beyond that I'm no help, sorry.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

All that would describe me on some days.(not alot)But sometimes I get that tight,sore feeling in my upper stomach,its a full feeling even when i'm hungry.Mine goes down the left side of my belly. I've had quite afew tests come up fine too. I think its my IBS (bowel trouble).???
    I've heard others say that they have stomach issues too.Either just sore stomach muscles,or the IBS.I guess there are trigger points there??? Hopefully others will share their knowledge. Hope you get some answers and Best of luck!! :)