Stomach pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by myangie, Nov 9, 2006.

1. myangie

myangie Guest

I have been having stomach pain and pain around the liver area. (Gall bladder was removed years ago.) I have IBS but this is different. Have been diagnosed with Fatty Liver disease but the pain is not from that, according to Doctors. Am seeing a Gastroendocrinologist (sp?) and running tests that aren't finding anything wrong with my stomach. Is this more FM?!? I am beginning to think that my pain threshold just is so low that normal is painful to me. What do you guys/gals think? Anybody else having these problems?
  2. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI myangie... You are NOT alone. I cannot tell you how many Lower GI's, colonoscopys, bariem enemas and endoscopys I have been thru. I have constant stomach pain. They have found nothing except GERD and a hernia. They (GI doc) do not seem to think that those things are causing my pain either.

Sometimes I am doubled over. I wake up every day with horrible pains, bloating and discomfort. I wish I had an answer for you. Cannot help but think it is something besides the fibro, but I am not getting any backup on that.

I live with it daily and then feel like I am just waiting for the trip to the ER when something explodes. I do not even bother going back to my GI doc anymore lately. I feel like they are never going to figure it out.

Sorry you are going thru this, I wish I could be of more help. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

(OH - I see this is your first post - WELCOME! - You will get alot of help and support here)
    HUGS
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2006]
  3. myangie

myangie Guest

Thanks for the reply. I know the frustration of not getting answers from Drs. Sometimes it seems that they hear "Fibromyalgia" and immediately dismiss your pain as real or even treatable. I hope we both get answers and help someday!
  4. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi there I am also a newbie. I have suffered with abdominal pains for years.I have had barium enemas, gastroscopies, endoscopies you name it. I was initially told it was a spastic colon, but even with treatment the pain continued. I had to undergo emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed 4 months ago they found a 2cm gallstone blocked in the bile duct. Guess what I still have the pain. I also have a hiatus hernia have had it for almost 3oyears. Interestingly enough I have been told it can take up to 8 years before gallbladder desease is picked up.I have become so disillusioned that I dont even go to the doctor for it anymore.
  5. basilrathbone

basilrathbone New Member

I too get pains in my liver area but mostly it's on the other side, my spleen. When it happens I have alot of bloating.
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I have gastritis, but if you check into an earlier post, we're talking about this stomach flu that's hitting us really hard.

Lasts for weeks, and presents similar symptoms.

I was really concerned until I read about others having these symptoms. Might want to rule that one out.

LIGHT*************carole
  7. mommyinpain

mommyinpain New Member

of pain of couple of weeks ago. My right side, right around my ribs and right where I hurt when I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago.

I started hurting about 6 weeks ago and still hurt today. It will ease up but never really goes away. I was really worried about it being my liver so I had a bunch of blood tests done, especially a liver panel and they all came back good.

I will think the pain is getting better and then I will have a really sharp stabbing pain across my liver area and then my ribs start aching and my upper stomach starts hurting. It's like a burning, aching, stabbing pain. It is hard to explain just how bad it hurts.

Let us know what you find out from the Dr. Hope you feel better soon. MIP
  8. MelaC

MelaC New Member

It could be a hiatus hernia. I have one and from what you describe it sounds like it could be your problem. They tend to be very painful. Try drinking chamomile tea I find that helps and eat small meals but regularly.
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You could have adhesions from your prior surgery, or maybe damage to the common bile duct during the gallbladder surgery.

I also read, even if you have the gallbladder revoved, you can still get stones again. The bile is produced by your liver. If certain conditions exist, stones can form again and lodge in different places.

Can you ask for a test call Abdomonal CT Scan with Contrast? You drink a small amount of liquid and they inject a little dye, you then go throught the CT scanner.

When I was to find out my recent problem (which was gallstones) I had the abdominal and pelvic CT scans. At least I know they are normal.

Be persistent. I wish I had not let two years for by before a doctor helping me.
  10. 143alan

143alan New Member

Thanks for the topic and the questions myangie. My son also has this problem and because he's been through ^#@%& with doctors he refuses to go. He went through some tests a few years ago and they didn't find anything wrong and he doesn't want to go through anything else.

Thanks for those who have responded to this post also. The information was great. Wakemeup you really came through with the info and it certainly hit the nail on the head with my son's symptoms.

I pray everyone who has this problem finds answers and relief.
    Take Care
    Nancy
  11. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi Pvlady thanks for the suggestions. I have had further CT scans done, it is possible that it is scar tissue as I suffer from Keloid scarring.I have also been told that it could be adhesions. I have quite a long case history so it just may be the problem. Have a nice day

12. MelaC

MelaC New Member

Hi Manager thanks for the welcome. I am so happy to have found it. Hope you have a nice day