stomach pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbm, Mar 5, 2003.

1. barbm

barbm New Member

I have had Fibro for about 3 yrs now as well as interstial cyctitis and depression. A couple weeks ago I had severe stomach pain and I assumned it was from my gallbladder. I went to the hospital and was in there for 3 days and 3 doctors told me the pain was muscle pain and not caused by my gallbladder. I have had fibro for 3yrs and I have never had this stomach pain. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Barb, welcome to the board. Yes, I have had severe stomach pain many times, I have Fibro. It seems like my insides are tied in knots.

I usually drink water, and put a heating pad on my stomach, it seems to relax the muscle.

I sure hope you get some relief, that is so miserable.

Again, welcome to the board, and please let us know how you are doing.

Oh yes, I have taken a low dose Xanax, and it did help too! I know, sounds crazy, but hay, this whole syndrome is crazy!!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. KristinaInCali

KristinaInCali New Member

Barb-

I'm sorry to hear of your stomach pain. I just happen to be having that exact same problem as we speak. This is day 3 of my stomach being in knots to the point of not eating, not sleeping and my migraine reaching an all-time high. I sometimes wonder if it's all my meds catching up with me, or constipation due to meds and the illnesses as a whole. I feel completely horrible. I can certainly sympathize. Have you asked your doctor what he thinks could be causing it?

Kristina
  4. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Welcome to the board. Have you had an endoscopy done yet? If not, ask to be referred to a gastro dr to get one. I had gastritis & have ibs. I took prilosec & nexium for a few months & it helped alot w/the pain I had from my stomach. I too wound up in the ER & was told it was not my gallbladder. I still get stomach pain off & on but now it is much less & pepto bismal helps it.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    ***Pixie***
  5. SmileyKitten

SmileyKitten New Member

I got CFS, at age 15, and most of the time when I wake up in the morning it feels like someone used my stomach as a punching bag, and some mornings it keeps me from getting the extra sleep I'd like to get, last few hours, also my internal organs can feel the impact if I take too hard of a step when walking, or coming down from a step on the stairs etc...leaving a curb on a sidewalk. I can definately relate to stomach pains.