Stomach Polyps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zielskawoman, Mar 7, 2006.

1. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

I had an endoscopy yesterday and ulcers were healed but the doctor found several stomach polyps. Has anyone else had any experience with stomach polyps? They removed some for biopsy and tested for Helicobacter pylori bacterium.

Hugs to you all
    Mona
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Anne had 5 removed last year. They were all benign. Caused her pain, though that is unusual??? Caused due to Prilosec.

Answering for her DH
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am not sure I should have gotten DH to type for me. Back is bad for typing.

I had five polyps removed last year. I was having terrible pains and then after pain gone. Gastro said they thought these should be painless but clearly they cause ulcer like pain in some.

Some not with it gastros do not remove them and think they arev OK. This is not so as they can be pre cancerous or rather signals of precancerous conditions ahead.

My good gastro said that people with them and on long term PPI's that cause most of them, should be endoed every two years to check. Bad gastro said, totlaly harmless no need for all these endoes. Bad gastro wrong. Good gastro right.

You should be fimne, but have them removed, biopsied and checked every two years. I had three different types.

Love Anne C