Stomach Problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Oct 3, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

How often you any of you experience pain and loose bowels? I go for a day or two and WHAM I eat something and have to run to the toliet. I am so disgusted. I guess this is IBS. Does it ever go away. It is worse now then ever. Do any of you have this. If so, to what extent?

Donna

Thanks for your replies.
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

It is definitely a symptom of IBS, but you have to cancel out everything else as well.
    It is possible that you may have parasites, it can't do any harm to deworm yourself.
    Also make sure you take probiotics and drink lots of water.

Phoebe
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it probably is IBS. I dont have many bouts of IBS anymore.

I take a good probiotic every day, aloe vera juice and supplements. It doesnt control my life like it did for a longtime.

I try to watch my diet though somedays it goes out the window.

love
    Rosie
  4. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I have pain every day loose movements 5 -6 times a day I can depending on what I have eaten or how long I have sat wind and movements moving around on its way out I also get a pain in the groin just an ache as for how long I have had it I am now 56 have had it since at least teens I have to watch my diet very closely
    Have you been diagnosed by a dr I had a laproscopy with gyne who found ibs after many yrs of sufferring
    I also find anything emotional goes to my bowel
    I hope it all settles down for you Donna
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I used to have a terrible problem with diarrhea/loose bowels, but since I have been on Lortabs since May, the problem is so much better. I go 2 x a day and rarely have constipation.

I didn't have this problem years ago. It just seems the older I got the more I had IBS-D. I know I didn't have it in 1999 and I got FMS in 1995.

Hugs,
    Faye

6. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I have IBS-C, so I go for long periods of time with out going at all, and when it hits, its usually after I've eaten, doesn't matter what it is, and wham! Get the bad cramps sometimes too where I vomit, or my body tries too anyways. I ocassionally take a laxative, but if I use my magnesium like I should*blush* Taking Stormyskyes shake now too, so hoping the flax with help with the regularity!
    Raz
  7. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Donna, I can relate!

To those who are knowledgeable re: IBS...

Well, I'm gonna jump in here & pick your brains! Since July; I have new intestinal symptoms. All my life; I have tended to be constpated. For the past 2 years, I've been taking Magnesium (a lot~ like 1,000 mg/ day) supplement to make me more regular. It was working very well until July...Then the Mag didn't seem to be working anymore. So I bought this stuff called Fiber Smart by Renew Life. It seems to work well when I need a "clean out". (Sorry!)

Since July; I seem to have this pattern of 2-3 days of semi-constipation followed by very loose stools/ diarrhea for 2-3 days. (Usually brought on by using the FiberSmart, but not always!)

What I'd like to know from you longtime IBSers is this...Do you get excessive gas/ rumbling in your intestines right before & during bouts of loose stools? This is all new to me.The gurgling is not really painful...but it's so loud it could be heard by anyone around me! Sometimes I get a pain in the area under my right lower rib. I went to a bigwig GI Dr. in S.F. & he diagnosed me with "severe IBS" without even examining me. Can IBS happen/ develop this quickly? (I never have had loose stools/ diarrhea my entire life except when associated with illness!)

Thanks for replies. I'm really confused, even after doing some research on IBS. Seems to me that it is a "condition" similar to Fibro...A diagnosis after all else has been ruled out? Did you all have Colonoscopies before getting your diagnosis? This Dr. seems to think no tests of intestines/ colon are needed.

Annie
  8. dverre

dverre New Member

I have ibs and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat one day one thing will bother me and the next day the same thing won't bother me.

When it happens I get terrible pains in my stomach and then have to run to the bathroom.

Sometimes the pain lasts for hours before I go to the bathroom.

There is no rhyme or reason to it at all and it is very frustrating.

I could eat plan toast and it will happen.

It could go on for a week or so and then I won't be bothered by it for a week or so you never know it seems.

Donna
  9. spasco

spasco New Member

I have had Crohn's Disease for 27 yrs. THis is an IBD. Crohn's is incurable, so is Ulcerative Colitis. IBS is much more manageable than IBD. I get the loud gurgling alot. I have had 2 bowel surgeries (bowel resections), so I will have chronic diarrhea for the rest of my life. Many people with Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis get constipation and diarrhea.

It sounds to me like you need a good GastroEnterologist. They can tell you what is going on. I, personally, never had constipation before the surgeries, but like I said, many people do. You can find alot of good info on www.crohnszone.com. It is a forum similar to this one. It is not just for people with Crohn's though. THere are many folks with IBS and Ulcerative Colitis on there. You could learn alot about diet and symptoms, as everyone has has different symptoms and different foods that set them off.

God bless! Stephanie
  10. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Thanks Stephanie,

I checked out the Crohn's site & will go back when I have more time. No one has mentioned the Crohn's along the way...Perhaps because all my labs are normal? Only abnormal tests I've had are inflammation in my stomach (Gastritis) on 3 Endoscopies. I thought this S.F. "expert" would want to scope my intestines/ colon, but he didn't think it was necessary. My local GI Dr. sent me to the bigwig cuz he doesn't know what more to do...

Maybe I DO have the IBS & these new symptoms are just new! Thanks for sharing & for the website info.

Blessings,
    Annie