stomach problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anj211, Apr 15, 2009.

1. anj211

anj211 New Member

Can anyone out there tell me if cfs can cause stomach problems ie acid reflux or could this be just a different ailment not connected to this i have this and taking omeprazole for it but feel i am still not getting any releif with the medication.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

If you try search(good luck) lots of folks have stomach problems.

Have you tried a diff med? Probiotics? Sometimes I think its more stomach spasms.

hope you get relief soon
  3. loto

loto Member

I have acid reflux and Fibromyalgia. I take omeprazole also, 2 capsules per day, can't remember the mg. How long have you been on the med?? I know some days it doesn't help me, but most days it does. I don't know if I have acid reflux because of the FM, or if it's a different ailment. Is all I know is FM causes everything to go out of whack.
  4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

i 'm prescribed the nexium and liquid carafate for acid reflux. i still am nauseated everyday. i use to take the omeprazole but it did nothing for me just like these other 2 meds just don't seem to take care of the issue.

i have no idea if this is cfs related or not but it seems we kinda have to figure our symptoms and treat them all individually.

Maybe your doc can decide and prescribe something different for you to try. i also do take tums , hope you find something that helps you feel better.

5. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

loto, i am not sure what acid reflux is, bit i have fibro and i have so many stomach problems also. My tummy seems to expand some times, and it is verypainful for me and i also look like i am 7 months pregnant! not fun or flattering and its bugs because you have no warning when its going to happen.the med that you are using, you say for the most part it works , what is it?I'm interested so i can ask my doc about it. Thanks so much.......
  6. 4DJ

4DJ New Member

I have such severe nausea and vomiting I have to be hospitalized regularly. One DR says it is cvs another thinks it is my pain meds. I have taken pain meds for 12 yrs. with no problems and I can believe it would just now affect me so horribly after so much time. 4dj
  7. loto

loto Member

I take generic prilosec. It does help sometimes. I also get the bloated stomach also! It is so frustrating and i look like i'm pregnant also. I don't know what that's all about. I had a colonoscopy, and everything was normal. I never really got an answer as to what is causing the bloatedness. Ha! No surprise there. So, I gave up on trying to figure it out. I hate everything about FM though. You just don't know if everything is related or not.